No announcement yet.

Howa 1500 accuracy & reliability.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You will like it! I bought a barreled mini-action in 6.5 Grendel for my daughter. I put it on a Boyd's & bedded it. With 123 SST it shoots 1/2" @ 100 yards.

Comment

Before this recent purchase, I owned a couple Vanguards. The trigger was ok, but here is a great way to improve it. I did this yesterday in 10 mins.

Comment

It is a nice rifle and I hope it shoots well. Let us know.

Comment

Originally posted by cpr1979 View Post
          I’ve had one about 8yrs and it still shoots lights out. It’s my go to when I’m rifle hunting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Just got through dealing with Weatherby on warranty replacement. Vanguard 25-06. Ran every kind of factory premium ammo they recommended through the gun, and it just shot terrible. If you do a little research online, there's alot of guys that have had trouble with the vanguard 25-06 which should be the same barrel as the Howa. It may be an ongoing issue. You might get a good one, you might get one that's marginal, you might get one that's terrible. They replaced the rifle with a 270 at my request after I researched and found alot of guys having the exact same problems I was having with the rifle. Funny, I almost bought a really clean used vanguard 25-06 that had been on the rack for a while at my local gun shop. Wonder why someone got rid of it.......

Comment

If I was looking at a new rifle right now, I'd look real hard at Bergara. My 7 mag shoot's lights out, and I've heard nothing but good things. Really nice fit and finish.

Comment

Originally posted by canny View Post
              How’s 1500 30-06 with 150g Nosler BT handloads. All stock except a Timney 2.5lb trigger

I don't think I've ever seen a 30-06 group that tight. Nice!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lone_Wolf View Post
                I don't think I've ever seen a 30-06 group that tight. Nice!!

My 25-06 will do the same with Remington corelok

Comment

Originally posted by Pope View Post
                  It is a nice rifle and I hope it shoots well. Let us know.
                  I stopped by the range this week. It shot the cheap blue box Federal Powershok 150s into tidy little groups. I was pretty happy with it. Federal Fusion 165's spread out to 2" or so. I'll be trying some Barnes 150 TTSX next.

The recoil was noticeably less than other 30-06's I've shot.

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
                    I stopped by the range this week. It shot the cheap blue box Federal Powershok 150s into tidy little groups. I was pretty happy with it. Federal Fusion 165's spread out to 2" or so. I'll be trying some Barnes 150 TTSX next.

The recoil was noticeably less than other 30-06's I've shot.
                    If you’d like some company at the range, let me know. I shot the blue box federal in Howa 7mm-08 and it was pretty good. I’d like to get try a few others before I decide on a round to send my CDS turret in to Leupold. I have a Remington 700 BDL in 30-06 I haven’t shot in a while as well.
                    Which range do you use?

Comment

Dropped one (6.5 Creed) in a KRG Bravo stock for my buddy’s first rifle and it is a very solid rifle.

I shot it some to 1000 consistently and really enjoyed running the bolt on it too.

Comment

The best group of my life. Howa 1500 6.5 CM at 100yds
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by cattlelackranch View Post
                          I bought a barreled action in 6mm Creedmoor. I wanted to see if I could build a budget rifle that would shoot relatively well. I have less than 1100.00 in the whole build including glass.

Is this the HLR?

Comment

Howa 1500 accuracy & reliability.

Originally posted by bow4my2 View Post
                            Is this the HLR?

I started with the barreled action from Brownells

Then added a bell carlson stock and fixed 12x swfa super sniper and swfa rings.

Total all in was less than $1100.00 Goal was to build an accurate long range budget build.

I bedded the action and worked the factory trigger to 12oz pull weight.
                            Last edited by cattlelackranch; 02-11-2020, 07:39 AM.

Comment

I have one in 300 Win Mag. No complaints here.

Comment

I have one in 22-250 and another in .308 and they shoot great. I wouldn’t hesitate to buy another

Comment

Working...
                                X