A word about Argentina dove hunts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SB09 View Post
    Yep, this is the most important thing to remember. I spent $6,000.00 on shells/gun rental/license hunting for 3.5 days(We went back to the compound after one morning hunt due to too much drinking.) I did get in the 1000 bird club though, two days in a row.
    You sir did it right. If you drink too much in the morning to shoot doves in the afternoon you are a freaking professional and my hats off too you !

Comment

Originally posted by gfulton View Post
      For just an enjoyable hunt how many shells would you figure on?
      Keep in mind that you will stay in the field until every party is done shooting. I would say 500 rounds per hunt would be a minimum. I don't recall anyone while I was there shooting less than that.

Comment

Originally posted by gfulton View Post
        For just an enjoyable hunt how many shells would you figure on?
        I shot 137 boxes over a 3 day hunt, and had a really good time, very enjoyable. Another guy in our group shot 450 boxes in the same amount of time, I'm sure if you ask him, it was very enjoyable for him as well. I just kinda depends what you want to do.

I too made the 1000 bird club.

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
          You sir did it right. If you drink too much in the morning to shoot doves in the afternoon you are a freaking professional and my hats off too you !
          We messed up really good. It was actually first night we got there. Everyone was so amped up to be in Argentina we drank until 4am. We got up to hunt at 6am, and were absolutely smoked by time lunch came around. We went back to the compound and napped until dinner. We modified our behavior from that point forward.

There was nobody there to cut us off. When 9PM came around that first night the staff basically rolled all the bottles out to the courtyard on a cart and said see you in the morning. Bad idea on their part and ours. Definitely got our moneys worth in alcohol for that trip though.

Comment

Are these standard 25 shell boxes or something less than that?

Comment

Originally posted by twobittxn View Post
              Are these standard 25 shell boxes or something less than that?
              standard 25 round boxes loaded in Argentina

Comment

My son and I are going in March. $12.50 per box. last time I was down there I think I shot about 200 boxes and that was 2 half day hunts and two full day hunts.

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
                  $9k shell bill would be 750 boxes of shells in 4 days, my whole body hurts just thinking about it.
                  They have nice massage at the end of the day as well

Comment

Great post!! How about best time of year to go to weather wise?

Can we discuss experiences with various outfitters too? I would like to know some of the more reputable outfitters to start my research.

Thanks!
                    Last edited by Rex; 01-23-2020, 02:34 PM.

Comment

There are 13 of us going the last week of June first week of July. Duck hunt two days and dove hunt 2 days. I'm looking forward to it, guess I need to set a daily shell limit. Thanks for the information and suggestions.

Comment

I have a dumb question but what is the average life of a shotgun?

Comment

Originally posted by boh347 View Post
                          Probably more than my shoulder.

Comment

The guy that ran the place were at said he had guns with well over 100,000 rounds through them. These were all Benelli 20g semi-autos. I think he said he normally ran them for 2 or 3 years. He has his own machine shop to make parts for repairs since I guess down there importing a gun part is the same as importing a gun when it comes to permits and fees.

Comment

A long time. If it’s an automatic, it’s a Benelli. If it’s an over and under it’s a Beretta. You usually have two guns that you swap out with your bird boy. They rebuild them every night.

Comment

Working...
                              X