Rifle blind window size.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rifle blind window size.

What do you think will be the smallest height of window size I could get away with? I’m thinking about a 8in window will give me enough view clear my rifle and scope while not exposing me too much. What do y’all have on your blinds?

8” high by 12” wide is what I like. It gives you the solid corners of the blind to hide from those nosey does that always seem to spot you no matter how still you are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

8-10" tall is what we typically use.

Comment

I make mine 6” tall. The less of you they see, the better.

Comment

Originally posted by kc5rkg View Post
          8-10" tall is what we typically use.
          and about 24-30'' wide.

Comment

Thanks for the input guys I’m going with 8in.

Comment

8 is about right

Comment

If you plan on buying and installing the Windows you may want to look at what brand you want and find a common size they keep in stock so you don't have to special order.

Comment

I’ll be going with around 40-42in for the length, my front sendero is at a angle and I’m on a cross fence line within the ranch. In order to get a good view of that front sendero I need a long window.

Comment

Just high enough to clear a scope. Smaller is way better. Hang netting in them to break up your silhouette

Comment

My blind has about 10" windows. It has a cover that opens out. I just open it enough for the scope to clear and not see over the horizon. Open probable no more than 6".

Comment

Working...
                      X