Bad Ranch Foreman (FURIOUS!!!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad Ranch Foreman (FURIOUS!!!)

When we bought our ranch about 6 years ago, we needed a foreman. Well our Realtor happened to have one of his good friends that was a jack of all trades and could do anything. He retired at a fairly young age (50 or so) and wanted something to do. We really liked the realtor so we hired him. Very likeable and seemed a great guy.

Fast forward about 2 years. Several thing that were possibly shady had been going on, but we had no real proof and he just seemed too good of a guy. We found out he had hired a helicopter to come and trap a bunch of Blackbuck and had been also trapping Corsicans and selling them. We fired him, and later had him arrested after the Game Warden did all his investigations.

Well Fast forward to last week. We found out that not only had he done all this bad stuff, and no showed his trial (he has left the country), but he had been selling whitetail hunts.

So now we know why we haven't been seeing deer that are as old as they should be. FURIOUS!!!!!!!! We had seen several deer that were promising young deer (150-160) and 3.5-5.5 and never seen them since. Cause this guy was selling them.

Just had to vent, but make sure if you hire someone, you know them and their frineds very very well.

No jury in Texas would find you guilty for hanging him

Comment

Hate to hear that.It is hard to tell about a person sometimes.Hope they catch up with him.

Comment

Wow!! People suck and it's just getting worse!

Left the country for doing something wrong?????? THAT SOUNDS FAMILIAR!!

Comment

That sucks
          So is the job open?

Comment

You have probably already looked into it but if he has any assets at all you can pursue a legal option.

Comment

What a jackhole............hope he gets whats coming to him.........

Comment

Yeah is the job open and what does it pay?

Comment

Sorry to hear the news got worse, Brett!

After our little "break-in" at our place.......I'm now background checking every contractor, worker, etc. Someone posted a website a while back that has been very helpful........www.criminalsearch.com. It won't catch them all, but atleast provides a brief look in history.

Comment

sorry to hear that , is that good friend the realtor helping you find him r is he out of the country also?

Comment

Jason has my vote!

Comment

Sorry to hear that, hope it goes better for you in the future. As a Federal Prosecutor I have seen that type of behavior too often. Best of luck for your search for a replacement. If I was closer to retirement I would ask for an application.

Terry

Comment

Sorry to hear you had a piece of crap working for you. Nothing I hate more than a thief.

If you are looking for another person, please let me know. I have the background in growing big deer as well as a long list of high profile (reliable) references. Please feel free to PM me or call me. I will PM you with my Cell#.

Again, sorry to hear that this happened. But the good thing about deer, is they keep mating and that gene is still on your ranch. Might take a little more time, but it will happen.

Mitch

Comment

sorry to hear that, same thing happened on the ranch that I now manage, the guy before me did the same thing with all the tagged deer that the ranch was suppose to have running around. I have been there for 6 years and live there and have never seen a tag on a deer----- that guy will surface some place, hope you catch him

Comment

Sorry to hear this Brett. This is one of the reasons that we make surprise/unannounced visits. Most of the time we call ahead and let our "helper" know that we are coming in but sometimes we just show up during prime hunting times. I really don't think we have a problem but at least the surprise visits really keeps him on his toes. Be interesting to see what the realtor has to say about the whole ordeal very well could be in together on the deal. Hope you catch the criminal.
                              >E

Comment

Working...
                              X