Google Earth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google Earth

Does anybody use it to look at their huntin area?

Makes me want to run down and get a GPS to explore parts that I see on there, but havent been to at the ranch.
    Ultramatic Feeders

We're paratroopers, Lieutenant. We're supposed to be surrounded......

/l _ ,[____],
    l---- L-- -OlllllllO-
    ()_)--()_)---o-)_)

I use Google Earth. But its atleast 2 yrs behind on updates in the area I hunt. How do i know its behind on updates you ask? Well 2 yrs ago we used to have a trailer out at our lease near our cabin. Google Earth still shows that trailer is still there...

Comment

Makes my puter go skitzoid on me!!!

Comment

I use ArcMap, rather than Google. Just easier for me.

Comment

Joey can you check the level of the cistern with it?

Comment

Originally posted by lglidewell View Post
            I use Google Earth. But its atleast 2 yrs behind on updates in the area I hunt. How do i know its behind on updates you ask? Well 2 yrs ago we used to have a trailer out at our lease near our cabin. Google Earth still shows that trailer is still there...
            yeah, the terrain and elevations change so much each year... I wish they would take quarterly map photos...

Comment

Yeah Google Is A Couple Of Years Behind..

I Wish They Could Make It With Better Quality Images..

Comment

I use Google Earth to scout out new hunting areas in some of the western states. When used with a decent GPS Topo software you can pinpoint areas that have the best potential for holding game. Has been a great help in saving a lot of needless hiking in country that has no water and very little game.
                No question that it's a couple of years old, but still good for looking into wilderness areas.
                Last edited by Tom Kidwell; 08-19-2008, 01:37 PM.

Comment

I used it to set up my feeder and stand area...must have helped me cause my feeder was the only one with a ton of activity under it.

Comment

JTS- Well when you have landowners that are bulldozin' the heck out of all the cedars in their place it tends to change the layout! 5 yrs ago, we had a friggin' sanctuary where at anytime of the day you would run into deer. Their place was very thick with the occasional dozed openings where our gun hunters' stands were. They've cleared and cleared and cleared their place trying to get rid of as many cedars as possible, the whole time opening the place up from the inside out. Within' the next 3-5 yrs, we'll be looking around for another lease for the sole reason there is no cover. We've only got about 700 acres to hunt on and now probably 2/3 's of that now is cleared. Its got me thinking they are fixing to sell out so some subdivision can come in and build a butt load of houses...

I guess i should quit complaining... That would actually push me into going hunting on my buddy's dad's place where they typically shoot 140+ class deer of every yr!

Comment

understand... for those cases, it is definitely way way behind...

Comment

Yes, I use it for the place in Juction, I am able to find openings in the cedar without crawling on my hands and knees everywhere. Even if it is two years old on the pictures, it only means the cedars are two years taller!!

Comment

Originally posted by redneck82 View Post
                          I use ArcMap, rather than Google. Just easier for me.
                          Where can I download the software for ArcMap?

Comment

Use it every day at work (real estate) and for the deer lease. While some areas are a couple of years old, there are others-my house included- which are pretty recent. Always wondered what the difference would be to pay for some of the upgrades. Anybody have experience with google plus or any of the upgrades?
                            Last edited by bklem; 08-19-2008, 02:11 PM.

Comment

I was playing around with Google Maps the other day and noticed they had added street view to my area. So I used it to look at my house and there I was standing in the driveway. Sweet. I am an internet legend now. No idea how I was standing in my driveway and didn't notice the google car with the funky camera mounted on the roof drive right by me.

Comment

Working...
                              X