No announcement yet.

single pin sights.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like a single pin sight when hunting from a ground blind. I shoot the Cobra King Cobra slider. I zero for 25yds and am done. I did switch to a 3 pin for mule deer in NM this year but will go back to the single for TX deer season.

Comment

single pin is good but dont get caught trying to adjust the site while the critter is with in range, or forget to adjust and shoot for the wrong yardage.

Just a couple of things i have personally seen and friends that have too.

2 to 3 pin set up is pretty easy and then nothing to adjust except your eye...........

Comment

Single Pin

I started using a single pin adjustable in 2000. It was a Sight Master with a Specialty Archery Super Scope aperture. When Vital Bow Gear came on the scene I went with the VGB Pro Slide. Last year I put a HHA 5500 Optimizer Lite on my Hoyt Vulcan. I have enjoyed shooting them all but I think the HHA is the best set up that I have used for hunting.
        Attached Files

Comment

single pin HHA is all I use. fast and simple

Comment

I'm with texag93; I also shoot with a king cobra one pin "slider" adjustable. My bow shoots @ 305, and I set it at 23yrds. I'm 1" high at 10 yrds. and 1" low at 30yrds.
            I've got it marked out to 50 yrds if I need to move it, like for shooting 3-d's. I never shoot past 30 on deer so it works out great for me.

Comment

single fixxed 25yrd pin here. from 0 to 30 put it on and shot. past 30 I dont shoot (at deer) anyway.

Comment

I can promise you this. You will thank your self for using just one pin. My Hunting bow only shoots 248 fps with single pin, with 405 gn arrow and very productive with the set up. Hope this helps bud..

Comment

single pin

Thanks fellaws for all the input I decided to go with a trophy ridge single pin set up it is not adjustable so it should work out for me I hope will keep everyone informed on how it works for me! Thanks again

Comment

I use one. KISS....Keep It Simple Stupid!

Comment

sight

I agree 100% kiss.

Comment

YEP what they said.

Comment

I have a single pin HHA with a Viper .19 Scope head on it, I like the sharp up pin on the viper along with the HHA range adjust wheel....

Comment

I have a 3 pin sight on now, but I think for this year I am pulling one off and having a 20yd and 40yd pin. I have some shots that are real close like 15 yds and I like the idea of the arrow going right where I aim it.(not accounting for my error that is) and would also like to maitain one out to 35 40 yds also.
                            just my 2 cents.

Comment

I want one too just cant decide. I do a bunch of moonlight hog hunts and need the brightest sight I can get for that application. Any other suggestions on makes/models that are reasonably priced? Just cant see spending over $100 buck on a sight.

Comment

I just ordered a King Cobra from Cobra 15min ago. I hope it has the threaded area to add a lens later.

I LOVE my Sword, I just wish they had a one pin slider. I do have a design I need to send him.

Comment

Working...
                                X