• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

awesome!

Comment

yeah! stay tuned for an update!

Comment

We saw 3 groups of pigs tonight, and all had at least 15 “footballs” with them. So many piglets on the ground right now. One sow I shot had milk and she couldn’t have weighed 50 lbs.

Take a shotgun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

About three days ago across my pasture there were 30 plus hogs and at lead half of them were football size.

Comment

I know little sister and some friends put some hurt on some yesterday!����

Comment

Awesome job

Comment

Yes, we trapped 4 adults and 9 babies.

Here's 2 of the adults - the big boar was about 130-140.

The babies keep going through the fence wire and I'm getting quite tired of it. I'm going to try to find the time to add welded wire or 2x4 mesh so we can catch them all. Maybe get a 48" roll and cut it in half? I figure if they are bigger than that the high tensile net wire will stop them. Or - use the full 48 to discourage jumpers.

The other thing is -- the oats have gotten so tall we can't see them! Once we start shooting, they run the perimeter and we can spot them easily but the camera never picked them up because they were hidden so well. The camera showed the gate was down that's all I knew. My shooters and I were on the way to the trap when the pigs finally showed up on camera.

We've killed 42 pigs in this trap since the beginning of February. Including the babies, we've trapped 70-80. Like I said, I'm tired of the babies getting out. And my tough as nails neighbor kids want to jump in there and catch those babies!

Comment

Those football ones Dale are great eating in this area. What about your area?

I'm stunned by how many babies we've seen this year.

Comment

In to watch to pass the quarantine time!

Nice haul so far!

Comment

Genius Idea! I've a thought. Might be good, or not? When you fence in for the football/stripers leave an opening somewhere that further funnels them in an enclosure/ small pen. Put it on\n the opposite side of your shooting location or opportunistic spot. You could then get your teenage neighbors to catch them in the small, secure pen for you and then sell, grow out or trade the suckers for eggs or ammo. Dozier

Comment

Originally posted by wdtorque View Post
                        Genius Idea! I've a thought. Might be good, or not? When you fence in for the football/stripers leave an opening somewhere that further funnels them in an enclosure/ small pen. Put it on\n the opposite side of your shooting location or opportunistic spot. You could then get your teenage neighbors to catch them in the small, secure pen for you and then sell, grow out or trade the suckers for eggs or ammo. Dozier
                        That's a clever idea!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                          Those football ones Dale are great eating in this area. What about your area?

I'm stunned by how many babies we've seen this year.
                          Nothing better than those 20lbers. Deep fry that sucker like a turkey or put him on the pit with a little foul around him. Yummy. Crock pot ain't bad either.

Comment

Mow the pen

Comment

can you run chicken wire around the inside and zip tie it to the wire that is already there?

Comment

loving this setup and how its working for ya. I need to get out and shoot some in the rain this week.

Comment

Working...
                                X