No announcement yet.

My son, and fellow TBH’er has the Coronavirus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To give y’all a better understanding of the frustration these are from his discharge papers on Saturday. They gave him a phone number to call for the covid testing. He was never able to reach anyone. Looks like now he’s hopefully getting the care he needs. I haven’t been able to reach his wife this morning.

I’m not saying anyone has done anything wrong. I’m just sharing what’s happened so far. I know doctors and nurses and doing the best they can right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Prayers for your family

Comment

Prayers for Tyler and your whole family.

Comment

Originally posted by hound dog View Post
          Prayers for your son and his family and for everyone out there not taking this seriously.

This is an aggressive little booger of a virus that is ****** off. I am a Cat Scan Technologist and have been working some 14hour shifts helping to battle this. Frustrations are high with healthcare workers because we know while helping the public and being on the front line that it is a matter of when, not if we contract it.

This virus is easy to determine on Cat Scan in its progressive state, but CT scan is not the go-to exam for just everyone with some symptoms. Radiation exposure by doing a CT is a Risk VS Benefit examination.

Test kits are limited, so a person has to fit a multitude of criteria before the CDC will allow testing.

Yes, we are screening every patient for cough, travel history, fever, chest discomfort before even letting them in the door. If patient is over 18, then only they are allowed in. All other family members for their safety need to stay away to minimize possible exposure risk.
          There are certain tents set up at Hospitals to evaluate people outside as to not expose the inside of hospitals or clinics. Yes, if symptomatic, people are being told to go home stay away from family and others and treat the symptoms that occur. If breathing issues and chest pressure increase, then yes, seek E.R. care. All ancillary clinics or free standing Urgent care centers will probably refer you to a Hospital.

Yes, the Health Care workers are scared because each person with a dry cough,fever, etc... is a possible loaded gun that has an infinite number of bullets that can harm many.
          Prayers for all to stay safe, and take this issue very serious.

Thank you for sharing this and I certainly my feel for our medical community..

This is a dangerous situation though with the refusal to even see most symptomatic patients until they are in distress. Early testing is paramount to controlling the spread yet it's almost impossible to get tested. Then when ct shows obvious infection it takes 2 weeks to get results.

Maybe its about politics in communities with few or no confirmed cases? At any rate i am Worried by what we have experienced with my brother and niece.
          Last edited by GarGuy; 03-31-2020, 09:27 AM.

Comment

Jeff prayers sent for a speedy and full recovery.

Comment

Prayers sent

Comment

Another thing gang...Tylenol is suggested as the only OTC pain relief to use for aches & pains if you think you have this cootie. The other types are said to cause negative issues with covid.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                  Another thing gang...Tylenol is suggested as the only OTC pain relief to use for aches & pains if you think you have this cootie. The other types are said to cause negative issues with covid.

Yep. They told him to take Tylenol for his fever. Unfortunately it had no affect.

Comment

Wonder why they prescribed antibiotics?

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Prayers sent for all dealing with this. I can understand everyones frustration with this virus but a lot of the smaller hospitals do not have the resources to deal with the outbreak. A lot of people did not take it serious. A lot are still not taking it serious. If we do not stay away from other people we will soon be in the same shape as New York or New Orleans. This thread should be a reminder that it is very contagious and is not something that only happens to someone else. No one likes the social distancing and most complain about it. I would much rather voluntarily keep my distance than be in this mans shoes . Again I pray for a speedy recovery for him and remember if we don't do our part than we may be in his shoes soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad_E View Post
                        Thanks for the update. I thought about your son a few times yesterday evening. Continued prayers...

My wife is a PA and on the front lines here locally. Her clinic has designated her (although she basically volunteered) as the only provider in the clinic to screen potential covid patients. This is all done outside the back door of the clinic under a temporary tent. They do not come inside unless they meet certain criteria.

Here are a few problems from what I've heard:
                        1. There aren't enough test kits available so unless you exhibit all of the symptoms and a few other qualifiers you won't get tested.
                        2. It takes a long time to get results.
                        3. The test kits are inaccurate.
                        4. There's not much they can do for you. It's viral so all you can do is treat the symptoms and there isn't much (yet) to do just that.
                        5. So...what is happening? They send you home so you don't get everyone else sick.
                        They can prescribe hydroxychloroquine and a Z-pack. It's working GREAT for nearly everyone who gets it. They can do that over the phone even. I don't understand why there are so many docs that are apparently not prescribing these medications that are working for people with COVID.

I'm not throwing stones at your wife. God bless her for being willing to at least talk to people who are sick and try to help them. I'm just talking in general, as there have been several reports like AntlerCollector's son where someone is very sick, pretty obviously with COVID, and not getting the medications that help. Looks like they gave him the Z-pack, but not the main drug that helps - hydroxychloroquine.

Why are some docs prescribing the drugs that help while others won't? I can understand not writing the Rx for everybody. You don't want to run out of the medication and have people that didn't really need it start hoarding that too. But when a guy can't breathe, has a fever, and a terrible cough....give him the dang medication.

EDIT: I just found out from my friend that's a doc that the CDC won't allow prescriptions for hydroxychloroquine unless a COVID test result is positive. So you have to be tested and confirmed that you have COVID before you can get the medication. Need more testing, which most clinics and hospitals seem afraid to do, for some reason.

Prayers sent for your son, AntlerCollector.
                        Last edited by Shane; 03-31-2020, 10:12 AM.

Comment

Moe prayers going up for your family.

Comment

prayers sent

Comment

prayers this morning

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Oh man. Prayers sent for a full and quick recovery.

Comment

Working...
                                X