No announcement yet.

Bow Makeover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice can’t wait to see it done, the bad thing is if you need any parts for those, they are closing the doors. I have a Phoenix that I need new mods for, and obsession don’t answer the phone or emails any more.Can’t find any one that has them either.

Comment

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
      Nice can’t wait to see it done, the bad thing is if you need any parts for those, they are closing the doors. I have a Phoenix that I need new mods for, and obsession don’t answer the phone or emails any more.Can’t find any one that has them either.

Is that for sure? I heard they were just being bought by someone else than Arcus.

Comment

I’m not so sure they are closing the doors. They are supposedly in the middle of a buyout. Bow production has seized until then, but they are still supposed to be filling orders for warranty work and/or parts.

Is your Phoenix a 2014 or 2015? And which mod do you need. I may have some. If not, I can find them.

Comment

Riser is coated

And while getting ready to prep my limbs for coating, I got thrown a gnarly knuckle ball.

This may set things back a few days. I feel like I’m flipping a house that I just found out it needs foundation work! I’m glad I took this bow apart because I had no idea that was there and I’ve been shooting it a good bit. Not worth chancing anymore, especially on a revamp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just bought some new limbs. Hopefully they’ll be in early next week and I can get back to work!

Comment

Tagged

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy View Post
                Just bought some new limbs. Hopefully they’ll be in early next week and I can get back to work!
                What limbs did you go with? And what did you use for coating the riser?

I revamped by '08 Bowtech 101st Airborne last year and put Barnsdale 75 limbs on it, and upgraded to a Hamskea rest, Spott Hogg sight, bee stinger, tight spot quiver and new strings.

Feels like a new bow for half the cost.

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan11 View Post
                  What limbs did you go with? And what did you use for coating the riser?

I revamped by '08 Bowtech 101st Airborne last year and put Barnsdale 75 limbs on it, and upgraded to a Hamskea rest, Spott Hogg sight, bee stinger, tight spot quiver and new strings.

Feels like a new bow for half the cost.
                  Found a new set of obsession take-offs for $60.

All the coatings will be done with Aluma-Hyde

Comment

I bought an Obsession in 2017 and it was the same story. They were impossible to get in touch with, and the dealer I bought it from had the same problem too.

Comment

Originally posted by quackadikt View Post
                      I bought an Obsession in 2017 and it was the same story. They were impossible to get in touch with, and the dealer I bought it from had the same problem too.
                      When Dennis sold out to Arcus, things went down hill a little. Dennis used to be one of the guys picking up the phones and helping with parts and orders.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy View Post
                        When Dennis sold out to Arcus, things went down hill a little. Dennis used to be one of the guys picking up the phones and helping with parts and orders.

That’s what I heard too.

Comment

Well my new limbs showed up today. Should get started on those in the next couple of days. In the meantime, I decided to go ahead and redo the cams/mods/limb pockets/cable guide and string stop into a matte black to match the matte finish of the rest of the bow. These will go in the oven in the morning and will be cured when I get home from work.

Comment

It’s gonna look awesome.

Comment

Decided to throw some satin clear for a hint of sheen and a little protection. Cam hasn’t been hit yet, so you can see the difference.

Limbs are currently baking and will be ready for clear coat tonight. Next up will be coating all the hardware.

I have one more can being delivered on Tuesday and I can put the final coat on the riser. Hopefully by next weekend, I’ll be putting it together.

Comment

Cool thread!

Comment

Working...
                                X