Diesel Tuners?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diesel Tuners?

so who's running one and are they worth the money? I have a 2017 F250 6.7 not deleted and i'm trying to learn about them. basically looking for better daily fuel economy, and a little more power when pulling the boat and camper. would love to hear others thoughts and experiences.
    Last edited by wreckem04; 06-24-2021, 09:41 AM. Reason: title

Getting harder every day to get parts and find someone who is willing to do them.

Comment

Just don't go crazy with the power, and you need to be able to have a temp gage on your turbo.

Comment

Not sure of the brand but my younger brother is running one on his 2019 F250 6.7 that doesn't require deletion and he seems to be pretty happy with it.

He's out of town until Sunday but I can ask which one it is when he gets back.

Comment

Ive got a friend who runs a mini-max on his 6.4L powerstroke. Pretty good gains on fuel consumption and GREAT gains in power for towing. He did the DPF and EGR delete, on his own when he installed the tuner.

Comment

I remember when 400 hp and 800 lb ft was enough power LOL

Comment

I got a 2015 f350 with ez lynk and like it. Mines deleted though but you can find tunes for ones that aren't.

Comment

My 19 F250 6.7 is deleted using an Ezlynk tuner with Proven Tunes. I didn't gain a ton of fuel economy (Probably ~2mpg), but the power difference is huge even running the low +45 hp tune that I generally run. I can turn it up to a +200hp tune, but 45 is plenty for me and keeps me from having to worry about replacing a trans.

I would highly recommend Proven diesel for tunes. They put a lot of work into fine tuning everything and their transmission tunes are the best out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Raider4044 View Post
                  My 19 F250 6.7 is deleted using an Ezlynk tuner with Proven Tunes. I didn't gain a ton of fuel economy (Probably ~2mpg), but the power difference is huge even running the low +45 hp tune that I generally run. I can turn it up to a +200hp tune, but 45 is plenty for me and keeps me from having to worry about replacing a trans.

I would highly recommend Proven diesel for tunes. They put a lot of work into fine tuning everything and their transmission tunes are the best out there.
                  ^^^^^ This

Comment

Best thing I ever did to my truck. If your doing it for fuel mileage I wouldn't waste my money. If you want more lower and a better running truck it's well worth it imo

Comment

Newer trucks dont seem to get the MPG bump that the older trucks were seeing. I would suggest hitting the powerstroke forumns and FB groups to get some first hand feedback. Been seeing a bunch of guys selling deleted trucks that have new transmissions in them so be careful of how hot of a tune you put in it. With that said the guys that have new transmissions also have aftermarket turbos so just a tune might not be enough to tear up a factory transmission.

Comment

Once you delete it you will kick yourself for not doing it sooner.

Comment

Originally posted by Twist View Post
                          Not sure of the brand but my younger brother is running one on his 2019 F250 6.7 that doesn't require deletion and he seems to be pretty happy with it.

He's out of town until Sunday but I can ask which one it is when he gets back.

My current truck is deleted but I won’t do it on my next one.

Getting to be less and less worth the hassle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

2015 Cummins, deleted and running EFI live with a 4 position switch, Flopro straight pipe. I love it. 165k miles now and deleted at 70k. Do it and don't even think twice.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                              My current truck is deleted but I won’t do it on my next one.

Getting to be less and less worth the hassle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                              I don't know I'm at 170k and my filter is clogged and def pump is out.

Comment

Working...
                              X