No announcement yet.

Copperheads in TEXAS .......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We live on a creek and they are thick. My dog got popped twice.

Comment

Never seen one in my life ha

Comment

They're all over Grayson and Fannin county. My 8 month old yellow lab got bit in the face by one about a month ago.
        Last edited by Arrowthreat; 07-20-2021, 02:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
          We’ve had a ranch in NE coleman county for 25+ years and never seen one, but I know they are in other areas of the county.
          We had them more than rattlesnakes at our Coleman lease near Burkett

Comment

14 in one night. I was looking for em though.

Comment

When I had Bird Dogs I would get one or two bit a year by Copperheads in the Kennels I think they liked the concrete.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                I think it's mostly because they rely on their camouflage to hide them until danger passes. Same way with Timber Rattlesnakes. Every one of them I've seen and handled were more docile than a lot of non-venomous species. You'd literally have to try to get bit. They get stepped on because of it.

Most snakes are gonna try to get out of the way. They don't seem to all the time especially if they're curled up waiting on food.
                ^^^This^^^
                I’ve got video of trying to get a copperhead to strike me and he just wouldn’t do it.

Comment

Originally posted by whitetailfanatic View Post
                  We had them more than rattlesnakes at our Coleman lease near Burkett
                  That’s crazy. I can’t be more than 3-4 mi from Burkett off of 206 & CR 174. Maybe they stay closer to Pecan bayou & Jim Ned creek, although we have a creek that stays wet most years (Wilkerson branch)

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
                    We don't walk in our back yard after dark without a light, ever! Or at least, ever when it's not dead of winter. Kill anywhere from a couple to ten each year in the immediate back yard.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
                    Yep. Growing up in East TX, I couldn't even begin to count how many I've seen or killed. Walking outside after dark barefooted when the cicadas are singing is a good way to get bit.

Comment

Copperheads settled down here in the North TX Cross Timbers a long, long time ago. They think they still own the place, and have a bad attitude when humans crowd them.

X2 on wear shoes at night, they bite.

Comment

Got bit by a small one on the last joint of my middle finger when I was a teenager. He injected a full dose of venom. Blew the joint out and left it crooked with a lot of scar tissue. Most intense and lasting pain I ever felt.

Comment

Originally posted by tadmaryperry View Post
                          we've got lots in E Texas. My wife was struck twice on the hand last year while gardening. Spent a week in ICU!

Sorry to hear this, I hope she’s doing better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Just think how many you ain't seeing.. them suckers blend in good

Comment

This thread has inspired me. I believe I’ll go snake hunting tonight.

You might think that you're redneck
                              But I'm rednecker than you

Comment

I grew up on 4 acres in Conroe, Tx.
                                My brother and I would sometimes go roaming around at night looking for copperheads.
                                One night we killed 14.

Comment

Working...
                                X