• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

all loaded all the time

Comment

Originally posted by rferg84 View Post
      I carry a 1911 in condition 1.

I like the manual safety and have practiced with it, but its ready to go other than that.
      Only way to carry a 1911 is hammer cocked all the way. Not half way and thumb safety on. As you know the 1911 has 3 safeties making it one of the safest handguns to carry. Even with the hammer full cocked you still have 2 safeties on until you squeeze that handle and drop the thumb. Thumb safety should be coming off before you clear the holster.

Comment

If you mean a self defense weapon, ALWAYS one in the chamber. Pistol or rifle (and I suppose, shotgun. I don't have a SD shotgun, per se, although any of my guns could be SD.)

Comment

Never, Don't want to have to think(am I loaded or not)

Comment

Originally posted by Mauler View Post
            Most often I do not have one in the chamber.

I carry an LCP in my pocket concealed when I carry. I look at it like this. Every time I sit down my gun points across the table at a family member. I never point a hot one at anything I don’t intend to shoot. So I keep the chamber clear.

Most situations I believe will happen so fast that hot or not you won’t have time to effectively respond. I maintain a high level of situational awareness and we keep the chambers empty unless we plan on shooting something.

My brother has had his door breached twice and he had enough time to safely grab his 45 loudly chamber it and give the bad guy a reason to turn around. Both times he would have accidentally killed a kid if he hadn’t taken taken the measured approach he took.

I will chamber it situationally based on where we are and what I see around me. But I have no intention of getting into a shootout with anyone. I’m a huge target and I’m slow as hell. I keep a spring assist knife that will split frog hairs that would like be more effective in close quarters combat if it came to it.

Couldn't have said it better, thank you.
            Seems many other folks here are either 'macho', go to a lot of roudy bars, or are just looking for trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
              Never.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
                Seems many other folks here are either 'macho', go to a lot of roudy bars, or are just looking for trouble.
                Just because someone agrees with you doesn’t mean it’s the right answer. I put on a motorcycle helmet when I’m going to meet a friend down the street for lunch, not just when I plan to “go get after it.”

Your holster is the safety, your finger is the safety, and all 5 of the pistols I CC either have a manual safety or a long/heavy DA trigger pull on at least the first shot. How many levels of safety does it take to make you comfortable?

If the gun is carried on your person, you should have a round chambered IMO. If you “leave it in the glovebox” it doesn’t really matter, as you aren’t getting to it in time anyways.

It is different than hunting safety rules, which many people seem keen on repeating. For one, most shotgun and rifles aren’t drop safe. For two, I’d agree that getting a shot on a deer jumping out of its bed it’s not worth the risk of shooting your friend when you’re claiming a fence with the trigger uncovered. Carrying a pistol for defensive purposes is different.

Comment

A motto I always go by:
                  You don't get to pick the time or place, the bad guy does. Be ready anywhere anytime. How you carry is your decision, hope it works out for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Mauler View Post
                    Both times he would have accidentally killed a kid if he hadn’t taken taken the measured approach he took.
                    Curious, how so?

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post

Good grief man...give it a break [emoji849] You honestly think that those of us that leave one in the pipe are just looking for trouble?
                      Just live your life the way you want man...but stop trying so hard to impress us.

Comment

Originally posted by rolylane6 View Post
                        Curious, how so?

Yeah. I don't really get that part either.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                          Yeah. I don't really get that part either.
                          It's the ole fairytale of the mere sound of a pump shotgun racking is enough to scare off the intruder...no need to even buy ammo.

Autos are designed to be carried chambered & perfectly safe...if you are constantly sweeping people while carrying, then you are doing it wrong anyway.

Comment

This man (far left) barely had time to draw, let alone rack the slide. Can you do better? I hope so, because this poor soul didn’t make it.
                            It’s all about the training.

Comment

every gun in the house, as there is a pistol in every room and one in each night stand by our bed, is loaded, no little ones around.
                              as well as shotgun's loaded with 00 by the door

Comment

Originally posted by Bassdeer View Post
                                Never, Don't want to have to think(am I loaded or not)
                                edit: I always have one in the chamber as well. Every gun is treated as if it's loaded anyway, right?

Last edited by rolylane6; 07-20-2021, 08:59 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X