Old Smokey Kings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old Smokey Kings

Cooking chicken legs for tonight. I seasoned em yesterday morning with Cajun spice and covered em up in frig.
    What’s your secrets for the perfect drumstick? The masses await!

I over season them and then add water, lime juice, jalapeño juice. Usually overnight if I have the chance. Then re-season, cook them slowly on the grill. Top rack. Usually Low-Med. Once the skin starts to take color and "bubbling" inside, I turn the heat up sear them on the bottom rack. I never have complaints or hungry people. Depending on what else we are having, I sometimes brush on Buffalo wing sauce.

Comment

what's your address?

Comment

Ok. Sounds good but I can’t regulate temp too well with old smokey.

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
          Ok. Sounds good but I can’t regulate temp too well with old smokey.
          Not with that attitude . I usually lay a small pile of briquettes and once ready, add smoke and heat with mesquite wood chips as needed. I’m a course grain salt, pepper, and garlic guy.

Comment

I am a fan of the chicken leg rack..

Comment

My only tip is to use a drumstick rack. I bought a couple at Academy. It is much easier to make sure they cook evenly without having to turn them.

Click image for larger version

Name:	download (1).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	13.6 KB
ID:	24657113

Comment

I’m no expert by any means but the Old Smokey is a great chicken cooker because of the space between the grate and the coals is bigger than most grills allowing you do grill direct with minimal flare up. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks all! How long with the chicken leg rack? Headed to Academy now!

Comment

Got the rack. I’m figuring about two hours to cook the sticks. Want the meat to be hot when she gets home!

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                      I am a fan of the chicken leg rack..

I've learned that when this guy talks about food you listen.

Comment

And to correct my cooking method. I did not pay attention to the type of grill/smoker you are using.

I will also get myself a leg rack. I usually like racks before legs. But each will do. Lol

Comment

Lol!��

Comment

I love my Old Smokey, best is to use leg rack like Smart said.. and do alot of taste test with a cold beer. IMO

Comment

Working...
                            X