Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone ever tore their plantar fascia at heel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone ever tore their plantar fascia at heel?

Was playing basketball and I believe I tore my plantar fascia. Felt a pop on bottom of foot and pain. At the Dr now to get checked. Pretty bummed, was suppose to go to Florida this week, a golf trip in a couple weeks and elk hunt in sept.
    What was recovery time and what treatments helped with recovery?

Haven’t torn, but dealt with plantar fasciitis several times, it’s incredibly painful. My flare ups usually last a month or two. Hoping yours isn’t torn, good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
      Was playing basketball and I believe I tore my plantar fascia. Felt a pop on bottom of foot and pain. At the Dr now to get checked. Pretty bummed, was suppose to go to Florida this week, a golf trip in a couple weeks and elk hunt in sept.
      What was recovery time and what treatments helped with recovery?
      I haven't but have PF and have looked at surgery.

That's basically what the surgery does. The recovery isn't supposed to be bad.

I'd assume this would be similar but I'm not a podatrist.

Comment

as to the above, did you suffer from plantar fasciatis at all? my buddy had it severely and was scheduled for surgery. Well he tore it when stepping off the curb and his dr. said the tear was basically the exact surgery he was about to do. Was sore for a week or so, but never had pf issues again

Comment

Never had any fasciitis fir any long periods of time. Just talked to the dr and he said it isn’t fully ruptured prob just partial tear and will be just pain management as it heals. Big relief!

Comment

Dang, Jack. That’s not fun. Hope you heal up soon.

Comment

Are you selling your old plantar?
              Price & location?
              Any idea on fitment for a 80 yr old male?

Comment

Wish I was closer

Comment

Originally posted by NannySlayer View Post
                  Wish I was closer

Lol... how far would you drive for a really exceptional plantar? Hmmm?

Comment

Crap, I just noticed I’m in wrong forum. If I could sell it right now I would and trade up,lol

Comment

Dangit Jack! Sorry to hear, hope you have a quick and full recovery.

Comment

had some severe issues with mine before, no surgery but after several therapy sessions and very little help, I did learn that it was basically arch issues and the arch of my feet had 'fallen' but they still diagnosed as PF.
                        One day or two the therapist wrapped my foot AND ankle in an elastic tape and wow, it felt good. I wore it for a day or two with no pain so decided to take it off and almost immediately the PF pain returned. After that, I taped it back up until the soreness subsided then went and bought some elastic bands that fit around the middle of my feet, been trouble-free since then.

Comment

Originally posted by NannySlayer View Post
                          Wish I was closer

You were pretty close, saw ortho in Cleburne, would that constitute a tbh express??

Comment

Also reports cane back good. Said was partial tear. Said I can resume light but normal activity as long as I can manage pain. If all goes well no major therapy and should be good by September as long as I can take it easy.

Comment

Glws!

Comment

Working...
                              X