No announcement yet.

Native Sunflower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the information on where to get the seed. Now I just need to figure out where Breckinridge is at. Maybe I can order online.

Comment

Is it too late to plant before dove season? I'm in north Texas.

Comment

Turner seed will ship. Order one day, get seed next - at least for me in DFW - not even FedEx.

Comment

Originally posted by crumrw View Post
          Unfortunately yes for both natives and black oil varieties like peredoviks.

Natives must be planted in the fall/winter while its still cold. Peredoviks need 90-100 days to mature so the calendar is not your friend at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by crumrw View Post
            I'd wait and broadcast a week before the season and don't drag/cover

Comment

If you can control weed population you can plant. Most don’t realize you can hunt past September 1!!!! You wouldn’t have flowers ready by then, but late season is always better anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                If you can control weed population you can plant. Most don’t realize you can hunt past September 1!!!! You wouldn’t have flowers ready by then, but late season is always better anyway
                Your not going to get native sunflower to come up now. Or if you do it will be a very low germination rate this year.

Comment

Got almost 100 acres planted and 5 of the first 6 weekends of dove season booked. Dove hunts probably more lucrative for me than the deer/exotics.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Comment

That is impressive!

Comment

Originally posted by JBJTX81 View Post
                      Got almost 100 acres planted and 5 of the first 6 weekends of dove season booked. Dove hunts probably more lucrative for me than the deer/exotics.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
                      Those sunflowers look great.

Comment

Will cows eat native sunflower?

Comment

Working...
                        X