No announcement yet.

South Texas Hunters Thread 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Famlogs said we got 2.6" last night and neighbor said he got 3.25". We are somewhere around 23" of rain on the year!

Comment

We were in Fowlerton last weekend, mucho green!
      Tanks are full

Comment

Zapata. San Ygnacio..
        Green but could always use more rain.

I have a question..

I know that there are a few of us that hunt around Aguilares Texas. There is a dirt road out of the back of town that runs all the way to San Ygnacio Texas.

I hunt off that road. Wondering if there are an others that hunt off that dirt road??..

Comment

deer from last year.

deer from last year
          Attached Files

Comment

I hunt in that area

Comment

Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post
              Famlogs said we got 2.6" last night and neighbor said he got 3.25". We are somewhere around 23" of rain on the year!
              I’m north of Catarina and still below 12” for the year. Last year a grand total of 8”. Need more.

Comment

Originally posted by bklem View Post
                I’m north of Catarina and still below 12” for the year. Last year a grand total of 8”. Need more.
                At the middle of April, it was as dry as I have ever seen it.........it just started at the end of April and hasn't really stopped. Last 10 weeks have been unlike anything we have ever seen in the 17 years we have been down there.

Comment

Our place is a jungle and the head gear looks better than ever

Comment

Originally posted by powderburner View Post
                    Zapata. San Ygnacio..

I have a question..

I know that there are a few of us that hunt around Aguilares Texas. There is a dirt road out of the back of town that runs all the way to San Ygnacio Texas.

I hunt off that road. Wondering if there are an others that hunt off that dirt road??..
                    I know that road. is it still like driving over parking stops every 6 feet? Its been years since I went down it, but it used to be a beat down.

Comment

Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post
                      At the middle of April, it was as dry as I have ever seen it.........it just started at the end of April and hasn't really stopped. Last 10 weeks have been unlike anything we have ever seen in the 17 years we have been down there.
                      We haven't gotten what you guys have Hunter, but we will take it. I think we are up to 17" for the year after last nights rain. I will take it. Plus we always get some big rains right around late August early September that gives us some pond fillers.

I was there last weekend and the deer look great. Need to quail to explode too! Should have a good quail crop with all the bugs and grass growth.

Comment

Originally posted by powderburner View Post
                        Zapata. San Ygnacio..

I have a question..

Im not real far from Aguileres but not sure of the dirt road you’re talking about.

Comment

3.3” just east of Big Wells

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                            Im not real far from Aguileres but not sure of the dirt road you’re talking about.

Jennings Road. My pasture is off that road

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I hunt off Jennings Road as well. It’s real green but deer are still hammering the protein and cottonseed!

Comment

Our Farmlog shows 3.43" in Below Caterina

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X