6.5 Grendel Barrel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6.5 Grendel Barrel

Anyone know why there's no Grendel barrels to be had right now? I wanted to get a better barrel for an upper I had bought but all seem to be sold out. Wanting a 16" or 18" but don't see them anywhere.

DetailsThe Odin Works 18" 6.5 Grendel Barrel is a button rifled 416R stainless steel barrel for the AR-15. This barrel includes a bolt carrier group with a 6.5 Grendel type 2 bolt face, stainless steel .750” tunable gas block, and intermediate length gas tube.Safety Note: Choosing 6.5 Grendel comes with an added complication. There are “Type I” and “Type II” bolt/barrel specifications out there, and you CAN NOT mix and match parts for each of them without risk of damage and/or injury. Type II is by far the most popular configuration, but pay attention to what you are buying! A Type I bolt won’t chamber rounds in a Type II barrel at all. Even worse, a Type II bolt mated to a Type I barrel will create excessive headspace and result in a rifle that is dangerous to fire.Features:18" 416R stainless steelDMR Heavy contourChambered in 6.5 Grendel with a 1:8 twist rateIntermediate length gas system (gas tube included)Includes tunable gas block6.5 Grendel Type II bolt carrier group included5/8x24 thread pitchSAAMI spec chamberButton rifledHand lappedM4 feed ramps1 MOA guaranteedWeight: 2.43 lbsOdin Works is an innovative group creating and manufacturing high quality AR-15 products and accessories. They bring their experience and knowledge to the consumer through progressive design and technology.See More

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	1AD6DDBB-ED09-4FBB-9F2C-C443951126B6.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	24611830

With the luck I’ve had with Rainier Match and Ultramatch barrels thats absolutely the way I’d go.

Comment

Look at the ARP barrels. They are priced right and I have never had one that was not a tack driver.

Comment

Thanks guys. I'll check them out.

Comment

2nd ARP

Comment

You could also check with Alexander Arms too. My first Grendel was one of their uppers and it was a hammer.

Their 18” barrel was noticeably faster than my current 20” Bartlein 5R barrel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Also Bear Creek Arsenal

God Bless

Comment

Wilson Combat is another good source, for a good barrel.

I have a barrel from Brownells that was made shortly after SAAMI adoption several years ago I am about to replace it with a 16 inch barrel. It is a 24 inch barrel that shoots right around MOA. Some loads 3/4 some loads 1.5 MOA.

Comment

Originally posted by bowaddict40 View Post
                    Look at the ARP barrels. They are priced right and I have never had one that was not a tack driver.
                    3rd vote here. And his bolt to match.

Rainier is great as has been mentioned.

Comment

Picked up a Saturn barrel and working close to .255” 5 shot groups.

Comment

Look into Odin barrel too. I put one on my Grendel and it shoots great.

Comment

Ballistic Advantage

Comment

Originally posted by Kenner97 View Post
                            Look into Odin barrel too. I put one on my Grendel and it shoots great.
                            This

Comment

check out www.sixfivearms.com

Comment

Working...
                              X