Recommendations/feedback for truck holster and setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommendations/feedback for truck holster and setup

I'm now in my personal suburban for a daily driver rather than having a company truck and I've been wanting to keep my pistol in a holster in the truck.

I'm thinking something somehow affixed or attached somewhere and looking for thoughts on what you've seen work/not work.

I'd prefer it either on the right side under the steering wheel or on the right where the storage compartment is by your knee/calf in the Chevys.

Personally I'd recommend keeping it on your person... or find a place where you can stow your EDC (in holster) within reach where it is secure should you be involved in a wreck. Probably wouldn't be too hard with some creativity and velcro or MOLLE. The belt clips on my holster work well enough to attach to the door panel and I'm a lefty so that's my solution.

I WOULD NOT recommend a permanently affixed holster-- it makes it entirely too tempting to leave your pistol in the truck (just for a moment, just overnight, just this once)-- and that becomes habit... and then you wake up and your gun is gone.

Thieves are very good at profiling vehicles they think will contain firearms (and in Texas most of the time they are right).

Sorry if I'm on a soapbox but most of the BMVs I deal with have at least one of the following common denominators: 1. Left Unlocked 2. Valuable left in plain sight 3. Firearm left in vehicle (with some kind of outside indicator: stickers, camo clothing in view, etc etc).

The second day I lived in texas my truck was broken into- they left expensive sunglass, ipod, etc but went straight for glove box and center console.

Comment

I bought a magnet and mounted on the side of the console below the steering wheel. Everyday, I get in the car and the gun get's stuck to the magnet. Its within easy reach and always ready if I need it. Goes back in the holster for the walk inside each day.

Comment

Originally posted by duckhunter175 View Post
        Personally I'd recommend keeping it on your person... or find a place where you can stow your EDC (in holster) within reach where it is secure should you be involved in a wreck. Probably wouldn't be too hard with some creativity and velcro or MOLLE. The belt clips on my holster work well enough to attach to the door panel and I'm a lefty so that's my solution.

I WOULD NOT recommend a permanently affixed holster-- it makes it entirely too tempting to leave your pistol in the truck (just for a moment, just overnight, just this once)-- and that becomes habit... and then you wake up and your gun is gone.

Thieves are very good at profiling vehicles they think will contain firearms (and in Texas most of the time they are right).

Sorry if I'm on a soapbox but most of the BMVs I deal with have at least one of the following common denominators: 1. Left Unlocked 2. Valuable left in plain sight 3. Firearm left in vehicle (with some kind of outside indicator: stickers, camo clothing in view, etc etc).

The second day I lived in texas my truck was broken into- they left expensive sunglass, ipod, etc but went straight for glove box and center console.
        I agree. Plus it doesn’t do you much good if it’s not on you. More than once lately I’ve hopped out and pumped gas, leaving my pistol in the door pocket and then see some sketchy looking guy approaching me.

These holsters are cheap, but they are really good quality, I’m not sure how they do it to be honest. The thing I like about them are the belt clips, it’s super easy to pop it on and off, but it stays in place.

Premium quality IWB concealed carry gun holsters at fair prices. Handmade in the United States from genuine leather. Shop OUTBAGS USA with free shipping.

With appendix carry it’s easy to just pause for a second once you’re standing up with the door open and slip the holster into your belt. I’m working on conditioning myself to do it every single time.

It fits in the door pocket really securely in my particular vehicle, it’s not coming out in a normal accident, but I can still grab it and slip it up under my leg on the seat if I’m driving through a rough area or someone’s road raging behind me where I want it immediately accessible.
        Last edited by gatorgrizz27; 01-30-2020, 08:39 PM.

Comment

I use the old Fobus mounts in my vehicles. I don’t believe they make them anymore. Mine aren’t for sale. You might find one on EBay. Here is a link to what they looked like.
          M
          Browse our Product 50176 on BudsGunShop.com. Use our advanced product search tools to find exactly what you are looking for!

Comment

Working...
          X