Terrell County Hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ckrue06 View Post
    Hey Terrell_county, do you mind saying who owns the ranch? Have an uncle who owns about 11k acres out there. It’s not the Hagelstein ranch is it? Best of luck hunting!
    No sir, not the hagelstein.

Comment

Sorry for the poor quality
      Last edited by Terrell_County; 12-09-2018, 08:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mattfox View Post
        Hagelstein, you are my neighbor. We hunt the Holmes
        I figured I might find someone on here who was hunting around the Hagelstein ranch! How close is the Holmes? I know the Brown and Walker ranches our there but never heard of the Holmes. I’m sure Ele (the owner and operator) knows exactly where you are. Best of luck out there! I’ll be out that way to shoot a doe or two at some point this season. Are you able to shoot mule deer on your lease? Also been seeing some STUD bull elk running around out there.

Comment

Those are some really nice bucks, best of luck this season!

Comment

Nice bucks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I was out there this past weekend. Rained like heck on Saturday as I was making the round trip back from Kerrville. Several places the road into our lease was washed out and made for an interesting drive.

Mosquitoes were BAD. Probably the worst I've ever seen out there. I'ts green everywhere. Saw a few deer and pulled camera cards before breaking an axle on my UTV. I had several really good bucks last year on camera prior to the season. Saw one on opening day and they didn't reappear until the last weekend of the season. They're not on camera this year as of yet. I hope to see how they came out. One was a very nice 10 point/4.5 year old. The other a 9 point/4.5 year old. They're on the hitlist for this year if they show up.

Camera showed a lot of pigs at two stand locations. At one, not a deer showed up for 30 days because of the hogs. I'm thinking it's time to buy a thermal and start killing them because they don't seem to show up in daylight when I'm there.

Comment

Hey Terrell_county, do you mind saying who owns the ranch? Have an uncle who owns about 11k acres out there. It’s not the Hagelstein ranch is it? Best of luck hunting!
                I am personal friend with Ele, Carlton, Chris and Eldora. The "Holmes Ranch is East of the Hagelstein. Harry Holmes.

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
                  I was out there this past weekend. Rained like heck on Saturday as I was making the round trip back from Kerrville. Several places the road into our lease was washed out and made for an interesting drive.

Mosquitoes were BAD. Probably the worst I've ever seen out there. I'ts green everywhere. Saw a few deer and pulled camera cards before breaking an axle on my UTV. I had several really good bucks last year on camera prior to the season. Saw one on opening day and they didn't reappear until the last weekend of the season. They're not on camera this year as of yet. I hope to see how they came out. One was a very nice 10 point/4.5 year old. The other a 9 point/4.5 year old. They're on the hitlist for this year if they show up.

Camera showed a lot of pigs at two stand locations. At one, not a deer showed up for 30 days because of the hogs. I'm thinking it's time to buy a thermal and start killing them because they don't seem to show up in daylight when I'm there.
                  I was out at my lease in Terrell county last week. Left on Friday so I missed the rain thank goodness. It is green out there.

Comment

Originally posted by texsdr View Post
                    I am personal friend with Ele, Carlton, Chris and Eldora. The "Holmes Ranch is East of the Hagelstein. Harry Holmes.
                    Really? Do you mind me grabbing your name? I’m marrying in to the family. I am marrying Dennise’s daughter. She’s also Carlton and Ele’s sister. I actually asked Dennise where the Holmes ranch was and after she told me I knew exactly where it was. Just looking at your profile picture, do you do the fly overs on the ranch with Ele?

Comment

Really? Do you mind me grabbing your name? I’m marrying in to the family. I am marrying Dennise’s daughter. She’s also Carlton and Ele’s sister. I actually asked Dennise where the Holmes ranch was and after she told me I knew exactly where it was. Just looking at your profile picture, do you do the fly overs on the ranch with Ele?
                      I got your message, I just can’t reply because I am too “new” to the forum!

Comment

My buddy got a 9 with a few sticker at base. We only bowhunt, one of the bigger bucks we have shot. I plan on shooting a 10 in December
                        It rained 4 days straight. It was tough getting in and out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice mulie! Congrats to the hunter.

Comment

Nice mulie

Comment

Heck yeah!!!

Comment

Anyone go out this past weekend?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...