Two Does One Arrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two Does One Arrow

I had left hand surgery Sept 28 and right shoulder surgery Dec 1. Talk about a way to ruin your season. Anyway I reluctantly bought a cross bow and have been having fun shooting it. I went out to the ranch for the day yesterday to try to get a couple of does for the freezer. I was sitting in a Krivoman and had some bucks and does in the pen. I waited for the biggest doe to come in front of the window and I zipped one right through her. Deer were blowing out of the feed pen in all directions and I look up and there is a dang doe dead on top of the pen panel. I knew I made a good heart shot but dang how is she dead in 5 steps?!?

I got out to take a look and the dang doe has the bolt through her neck deader than a doornail. By this time she’s collapsed the panel. I know the doe I shot was right behind the shoulder. I walk to where she was and follow a blood trail 60 yards and there she is dead too. That’s when I realized I shot two does with one arrow.

I made sure nothing was behind the doe before I shot. I went and found where the second deer was standing with hair and blood on the ground and she was another 10-12 yards back and off to the side of the first deer. All I can figure is that the bolt skipped off something on the ground and she was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Filled the freezer with one arrow.

I’m standing where the 2nd deer got shot and pointing to where I shot the first.

I shot the first at a downward angle out of the elevated Krivoman. That’s why I think it skipped off the ground. This is the Slick Trick exit hole down low in the shoulder.

That’s pretty wild. Don’t think I’ve seen that done before with an arrow.

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

First for me. Awesome story

Comment

Decent!!!

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Wow great result. And a truly unique experience.

Comment

Nice, very nice

Comment

Outstanding shooting. Congratulations!!

Comment

Where you looking through a mirror with your back facing them?

Comment

That is awesome!

Comment

Heck of a shot! Congrats!

Comment

Nice shootin' Lars.

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk

Comment

Slick Tricks are sharp!

Comment

Congratulations, nice shooting, I’d say your luck is definitely started to improve.

Comment

Working...
                              X