Krivoman Bolt Down Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m about to mount my two new Krivoman blinds down to the platforms. Wondering what you existing Krivoman blind owners used bolt wise to secure the blind to the platform?

Size bolt?
    How many around the circumference?

I’m near San Angelo, so the wind will be a factor at some point. So I’m thinking one bolt every 17 inches, for a total of 14. Or is this overkill?

I just used deck screws and fender washers through the lip every 24” or so

Comment

Same here. Just some deck screws and washers.

Comment

Same as above

Comment

in...

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
            This.

Very little wind shear on them due to the shape.

Mine have been through tornados and are still in place and I only had 4 points securing them in place.

Comment

I used 3/8 plywood cut into 4ea. 1/4’s and slipped the plywood in to the groove at the bottom. Then screwed the plywood down to my deck. Put rubber mat from Lowe’s in side. It was some work. I did not want to put screws into the plastic.
              If I did it again I would use strong tie plates, used for framing lumber, stick in the groove at the bottom of the blind and screw other end to deck. I just did not want to put a screw in my blind. However you do it you’ll enjoy your blind.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                Same here.

Comment

I used deck screws all the way the Krivoblind lip into the wood floor. Mines on a square tubing frame and I used nuts/bolts on the corners. I can’t remember the lengths of the bolts off hand.

Comment

I bolted mine, probably 12 bolts give or take, but my blinds were a little older and had some “flip” to the flange so they didn’t lay flat. I supplemented the bolts with drywall screws to get it all to lay flat.

Drywall screws and washers would work fine I’m sure but I like the looks of the bolts better.

Plus I have since taken the end of one of those drywall screws in the palm when we pushed the blind around to move it. Not an issue with bolts.
                    Last edited by TexasCanesFan; 12-18-2021, 08:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                      in...
                      You mean to tell me that in the few days since you’ve owned one of these blinds, you haven’t consulted the engineers at Schlumberger?

Comment

3/8 lag bolt and washers. Think I used 4 never a issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                          You mean to tell me that in the few days since you’ve owned one of these blinds, you haven’t consulted the engineers and architects at Schlumberger?

Ok. THATS funny!!!

Comment

Self tapping sheet metal screws and fender washers all the way around. Mine are mounted on a tube steel frame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just use drywall screws every 5 inches on the inside lip. It wont move. If you want to use a bolt use 4. Front back and both sides. Then use 1 inch drywall screws every 4-5 inches.

Comment

Working...
                              X