Bobcat with a bow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bobcat with a bow?

How many of y’all have had the chance to take a bobcat with your bow?

I shot one Sunday at 20 yards on the move… little blood here and there but it ran into the thickest stuff imaginable and I couldn’t find it.

Still bummed I couldn’t find it. Thought it was a pretty cool and unique opportunity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I shot one last year, didn’t recover. Shot another one back in October on my way back to the truck. He’s still in the freezer waiting for me to decide what to do.

Comment

I got one my first season bow hunting and will never forget it Didn’t realize it was a rare thing until my buddies found out. Have an awesome Mike Simpson mount also. Broadlead absolutely destroyed it, like turned it inside out destroyed.

Comment

A 30lber!!! He was quartering to me hard. Second with my bow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

All my buddies have killed several each but I've missed three (did kill a couple w an xbow). And I've killed 3-4 yotes w my compound.

Comment

I shot a big Tom one time and it sucked!

Comment

Killed several shot four in one deer season with a bow. I am not as mad at them now.

Comment

I got one last year. It was a young cat, probably not much over a year old. I felt something watching me and turned to see this cat close enough to spit on. The thought went through my head that there was absolutely no way that I could turn, draw, aim, and let an arrow fly before that cat gets away. Well, I did manage to do it. I shot down into the cat. I suppose that the ground prevented the arrow from being a pass through. The cat took off through the brush and I immediately followed. I found my bloody arrow about forty yards to the right of the shot but never did find the bobcat.

Comment

First animal I ever shot with my bow was a bobcat. A decent 8 came running by and not too long after a bobcat came down the same trail, I was able to draw and get a shot on him as he was walking by. Not the best shot but he ran off with his innards on the outside, never found him.

Comment

I shot one 6-8 years ago.
                    Taxidermist still has it I guess.
                    Taxidermist is my brother.

Comment

No but I would. In 40+ years of bowhunting I have only had the opportunity once at a momma cat and she had 3 kittens with her so a passed.. No chance at a coyote either....

Comment

I think I’ve killed two with a bow and one with a rifle.

Comment

I took one with my bow about 15 years ago. Also two coyotes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I killed a bunch of them with my recurve when I was down in Pearsall.

Comment

Working...
                              X