Self Serve Propane![emoji106]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Self Serve Propane![emoji106]

I used this at Home Depot.....super cool and convenient. Even accepted my empty tank into the unit.[emoji3] Yep, I really get a kick outta new systems/technology that actually has a relevance on day to day life!

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Cool, that process of swapping was always a pain.

Comment

The Walmart near my house has the same thing. It's SO much easier this way.

This reminds me too that I have one I need to go swap today. LOL

Comment

I like that. Waited 45 minutes to swap a tank at Lowes last time.

Comment

Originally posted by RJK70 View Post
          Cool, that process of swapping was always a pain.
          Yes it is. Walk into a store and get someone to come out with a key. They are usually busy and other people are waiting. I like this idea.

Comment

Originally posted by LWC View Post
            Yes it is. Walk into a store and get someone to come out with a key. They are usually busy and other people are waiting. I like this idea.
            You forgot about them taking ten minutes to even find the key, because Billy Jack had it last and nobody can find him.

Comment

Those tanks are 1/2 to 3/4 full. Find a propane dealer who actually fills the tank. Less trips in the future cause they last a lot longer.

Comment

My dad had quite a few tanks that were very old and couldn’t be refilled because they had the old style valves. Those self serve dispensers make those tanks their problem now.

Comment

These have been around for a long time. The older Home Depot model would cycle through dozens of lockers to find one with weight in it so it could open for you. There were times it took a while.

I have kept bottles that looked new with new valves and now just go to a propane dealer to fill and get more bang for my buck.

Comment

I take any opportunity I can to take an old style rusted out pile of crap and exchange it for a "full" bottle at one of these. Then I get all my bottles filled at the propane place. When I've got one about to expire, the propane guy lets me know, and I go trade it in. This is all at the advice of the propane guy.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                      Those tanks are 1/2 to 3/4 full. Find a propane dealer who actually fills the tank. Less trips in the future cause they last a lot longer.
                      Who uses the self fill places to fill your bottles? Are they pretty easy to use?

Comment

Originally posted by LWC View Post
                        Who uses the self fill places to fill your bottles? Are they pretty easy to use?
                        I use my local dealer. They get it off your truck and fill it. Takes all of five minutes.

Comment

They have that at Sam's Club, too. I really like it - the price cannot be beat!

Comment

TSC fills bottles

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                              They have that at Sam's Club, too. I really like it - the price cannot be beat!
                              How much do they charge? It’s been my experience that having mine refilled at a propane company is cheaper than an exchange place.

Comment

Working...
                              X