Kids Science Kits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kids Science Kits

What are some good science experiment kits? Also kits like make your own slime. Kiddo is 5 but helps cook etc so she can handle more advanced kits and will be supervised/helped. Thanks

I had a very cool radio shack electronic experiment kit when I was a kid. It had like 100 experiments. Learned a lot from it.

Comment

Not really science but my kid is very interested in cars and mechanics.
      We did this kit a while back and he really enjoyed it!

Comment

A lot more options than when I was a kid...

Comment

4H website has some cool science kits as well as kits from National Geographic on Amazon.

Comment

Just take a stroll through hobby lobby (closed on Sunday).
            They have some really great little sets. My boys love the model rocket kits.
            Harbor freight has some fun assembly toys and kid stuff. It’s kind of junky, but it’s cheap
            We have a little tabletop aero garden that the kids have to feed, water and harvest .
            All 3 boys got fit bits for Christmas and they’ve gotten into keeping stats and competing for steps.
            Last edited by Txtourist; 01-16-2022, 06:17 PM.

Comment

We had a subscription to Mel Science for our girls for a year or two. They enjoyed it and learned something from each.

Comment

Get her a decent microscope, and she'll spend hours looking at things
                just around the house.
                Or perhaps, a rock polishing kit. (She'll have to be patient with this one)
                But they sure turn out some beautiful stones..

Comment

My grandaughters here in Cypress have done some cool cooking experiments, The Volcano birthday cake was pretty neat. I think my daughter finds most of the recipes on the web
                  Not very scientific but you can bring here over here to braid my horses hair, kids love that.
                  I may even let her paint his nails pink.
                  We can talk and look at boats, you can see some of my storage compartment ideas, just finished a cool rebuild on a Blue Wave 16'CC for my grandsons.

Comment

Check out KIWI, https://www.kiwico.com , and you can YouTube Mark Rober or Smarter Every Day for DIY projects.

Comment

Just start looking into "STEMS" kits (key word). STEMS stands for Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math Sciences. This is a common word among educators. They are sometimes used in schools to teach children with a "hands on" approach. There are some for all ages up to 12-13 yoa. I've done it for both my grandboys for Christmas gifts. And found all kinds of interesting things for them. There are on-line companies that specialize in distribution of these types of educational items for children available to the public.
                      Last edited by Texas Grown; 01-17-2022, 08:36 AM.

Comment

We grab books from the library that have experiments and pick a few out. They have a bunch of them.Hit the grocery store for ingredients we don’t have at home and work them out. Stares when he was about 4. Basics of chemistry with cleaning pennies with vinegar to building rockets. Growing plants from beans with different color celephane over it. Mines 6 now and we still keep projects real basic or can easily be spread out over a few sits

Comment

Originally posted by Raising3arrows View Post
                          Check out KIWI, https://www.kiwico.com , and you can YouTube Mark Rober or Smarter Every Day for DIY projects.
                          Got kiwico for my nephew. He loves it and it is like his birthday every time the kit arrives. Plus, as he gets older, the kits get more advanced.

Comment

I have a cousin who home schools her two girls and, at Christmas, I like to buy them gifts that are not only fun for these girls but that also complement the lessons they are currently studying.

A couple of years ago, I came across a company called Fat Brain Toys. Not only do they have science kits available, but they also have kits to develop other parts of the brain for those kids whose talents my lie outside of the STEM field. Kits who are interested in the dramatic and visual arts, writing, speech and debate, cooking, and problem solving, to name a few.

These kits are a little more expensive than you'll find through most other outlets but the quality of the materials and the quality of content justify the price. But the feedback I get from my cousin makes what I spend (more than I spend on the other kids in the family) more than worth it. She tells me the girls look forward to what I get them every year and would be disappointed if I sent them anything less. Furthermore, these kits I get them get played with over and over, she says. More than any other toys they get for Christmas.

Comment

Working...
                            X