Mexico 2021/2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mconner View Post
    Thanks fellas. The pleasure was 100% mine!!! And a hunt I will never forget�� all you guys were a blast to hang out with..you guys are all top notch in my book and I sure am missing that good cookin everyone had going on, incredible table fare for sure, the campfire of course I couldn’t have asked for a better trip with better folks. And blessed to harvest a great buck with BO and his family.
    CANT WAIT TILL NEXT TIME�� TEQUILA!!!! Hope all you guys continue to stay safe and shoot straight.
    I thought that was you. That beard is well, more seasoned since we last spoke!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

We did not have a good year, killed one mature 160 inch buck, to top it off the last trip in ( crossing at Acuna ) the bastages took all of our chicken, left us the beef and shrimp ? Have no idea what the deal was, all the chicken was in sealed packages. Hell we had 6 cases of beer and some liquor to boot. That is two years in a row for us having down years, sure hope the rain hits when they need it most. On a positive note, finally ate some javelina, tried it one time before ( many years ago ) and it was awful, not this time, it was delish, will be having it more often.

Comment

Congrats to all the lucky hunters. Lots of great bucks taken this year. Now the praying for rain begins!

Comment

Originally posted by dc1986 View Post
          Congrats to all the lucky hunters. Lots of great bucks taken this year. Now the praying for rain begins!
          Your Avatar cracks me up

Comment

Originally posted by dc1986 View Post
            I believe all that rain last year is what screwed some hunting up. It was so green, the bucks never needed to come to feed or corn. We need it to rain now through May, then slow down enough to where they’re supplementing on protein which pumps antler growth, pick back up through September/October then stop and brown everything out to make them come to road corn in season. It’s a tricky business when native groceries are abundant.

Comment

Originally posted by CyTxCazador View Post
              I believe all that rain last year is what screwed some hunting up. It was so green, the bucks never needed to come to feed or corn. We need it to rain now through May, then slow down enough to where they’re supplementing on protein which pumps antler growth, pick back up through September/October then stop and brown everything out to make them come to road corn in season. It’s a tricky business when native groceries are abundant.
              Agree 100% but that wasn’t true for all areas. We started out dry then the freeze hit. We fed a lot but it’s hard to start off bad and try to catch up. Some of our bucks were down a little but some improved. Brush is currently green but rain wouldn’t hurt right now. I’ll never complain about rain, especially early in the year.
              Last edited by dc1986; 01-13-2022, 02:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mex. Bowhunter View Post
                Your Avatar cracks me up
                Reminds me of holidays coon pick praying for protein

Comment

Originally posted by Mex. Bowhunter View Post
                  Your Avatar cracks me up
                  😂. I had to look twice. Hadn’t seen one in a protein feeder before. I’ve seen them eat road corn many times.

Comment

We are heading down tomorrow for a long weekend. Weather looks good Saturday & Sunday. Hoping to find the big ones that we didn't see in mid December.

Comment

Our place was dry for the past 2 years, and with the winter storm pretty much every buck we had left was down this year.

Moving on to a bigger and hopefully better ranch this coming year.

Comment

Been an average year for us. Some up. Some down. Nothing significant either way. I have noticed that deer responding to corn much less than normal with pasture conditions excellent. I was seeing bucks for the first time all year Monday even though I’ve been on ranch a lot since thanksgiving

Comment

Vila Union, Coahuila
                          Great Season back in the hills. Got a couple shots, not the big one but he’s not going anywhere and neither am I. No finer place in the world than Northern Mexico for the Deer Season.
                          Attached Files

Comment

No place like it! Nuevo Leon

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Viva! There's magic in the air down there

Comment

Mexico 2021/2022

Fun trip down to the lease. I killed a mid 150s 11pt to finish my season. Probably the widest buck I have taken to date.
                                Can’t wait until next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Last edited by walker1983; 01-17-2022, 10:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X