Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leaving for Florida, the Mountains, soon.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those are some STEEP mountains. Good luck on your hunt! Post lots of pics!

Comment

Finishing packing now.. prepping several meals.. will be staying in a wall tent. Cooking over coals, fire pit, and a propane burner. Taking the old enamal coffee pot and some cast iron.

Comment

Sounds like you're ready for the adventure. That is some steep and nasty country that should make for some awesome memories.

Best of luck and update with lots of pics.

Comment

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Have and good luck to you guys. I have hunted that place twice. It’s a tough Little Rock out there!!!!

Comment

In Deming, Holiday Inn..
              Tomorrow will be moving to base camp.
              Attached Files

Comment

Good luck to all of y’all Brian! Try and keep us updated with pics and info. Hopefully cell signal is good! Safe travels!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Best of luck to the hunter and the hunting party. Make sure and take enough water, tea, lemonade and beer. That is some dry and dusty environment.

Due south of Deming all the way down to the border is a town called Columbus. There isn’t much out there whether you go east or west of Columbus. I had the pleasure to work the area east and west of Columbus, between there and Santa Teresa for a short time last year before I retired. That is some wild and desolate country. There is a lot of craziness going on down there on the border.
                  Last edited by Pedernal; 01-14-2022, 05:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                    Due south of Deming all the way down to the border is a town called Columbus. There isn’t much out there whether you go east or west of Columbus. I had the pleasure to work the area east and west of Columbus, between there and Santa Teresa for a short time last year before I retired. That is some wild and desolate country. There is a lot of craziness going on down there on the border.
                    Columbus, most famously known as the town that pancho villa crossed over in 1916 and killed 17 civilians…

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Yak blue View Post
                        Columbus, most famously known as the town that pancho villa crossed over in 1916 and killed 17 civilians…
                        Yes Sir. I didn’t have much time to look around as we where just driving through but we made a pit stop. That town had a feel like an old western movie type feel to it….

I saw a sign that stated the Pancho Villa raid and history. Have you been/visited that area?? I would love to go back at some point and visit the area.
                        Last edited by Pedernal; 01-14-2022, 08:27 AM.

Comment

Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                            Yes Sir. I didn’t have much time to look around as we where just driving through but we made a pit stop. That town had a feel like an old western movie type feel to it….

I saw a sign that stated the Pancho Villa raid and history. Have you been/visited that area?? I would love to go back at some point and visit the area.
                            I grew up in that country. Lived in Playas/Hachita area. We went to Columbus/Palomas from time to time. I would imagine that it has changed alot as I was in the area in the 70's.

Comment

Information overload!

Comment

Made it to base camp.
                                Hunters are gearing up now
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X