No announcement yet.

Why would Utah ban trail Cams?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I herd it’s because they are planning some covert military operations up there.

Comment

Ban away

Comment

Originally posted by AtTheWall View Post
        Glad to hear this - nothing better than earning some inside knowledge scouting - and glassing - and doing it like those before did.

Utah is B&C Muley Country. The boys on the left coast - this is their SOUTH TEXAS WORLD in the Trophy quest for Muley bone.

And Public Land hunts - cameras somehow increase the OWNERSHIP OF A SETUP more - on Public Land - and I can be close to darn well certain - mixing a bunch of TYPE A HUNTERS into a Property on Public land scene = Nothing good to come of it.

Zero feeders - zero influence and all free chase - fair game - TROPHY HUNTERS.

CAMERAS give the edge to TODAY'S hunter - those old records never had them and glad to see them kick that crap to the curb out there.

Leave it FREE and make them EARN IT - TOP DOWN.

We camped months and scouted - in mule deer country - well ahead of the September openers.

Cameras then - did not exist and if they did - I can guarantee those found would end up missing - not by me but the LOCALS

Out west - many frown on feeders - technology - ATVs (horseback bike or foot only) - lived it and hunted it 1996 - 2000 living and working out west.

My taxidermist who mounted my mule deer - many book class UTAH Mule deer in his home in Western Washington State. He left Washington each year - the entire season in Utah - was his world. And him and many of that time - frown on anything but fair chase. Base camp on public land - horses and hiking to well glassed and scouted areas - where book animals were scouted - and that info - was tight.

Cameras - this tosses that inside work and knowledge - without the investment and time - into doing it truly FAIR CHASE.

Thats my .2

The series YOSEMITE comes to mind......I bet they would love game cameras?
        I only went to public school, but this was one of the hardest things to read I've ever come across.

Comment

Ban away. IMO, it gives an unfair advantage to those that make their living off that public resource. The outfitters are the ones making the most stink over the ban b/c it makes their job that much more difficult.

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
            I support it. Nothing like hiking in several miles into the mountains on Public Lands, feeling that primal connection to your ancestors and walking up to a spring coming out of a mountain side with 3 trail cameras posted on different trees. I'm the furthest thing from a hippie, and use them routinely at our lease here in Texas, but sometimes a man needs to get away from technology and I can think of no better place than public lands of The West.
            I love posing for them cameras. I cant say I havent been suggestively naughty for a few cameras.

Comment

I'm all for banning trail cameras on public land. Hope it passes and other states follow suit.

Comment

I'm for banning real time cellular in Texas. I followed a thread on this site that a guy used cameras to alert him when an animal he wanted showed up. He left home and immediately went after him, ended up shooting it. Def not fair chase.

Comment

Originally posted by redsnapper101 View Post
                  YES , heard is a common term used to describe a deer population in a given area....
                  Actually, I heard it’s called a “herd”.

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
                    I'm for banning real time cellular in Texas. I followed a thread on this site that a guy used cameras to alert him when an animal he wanted showed up. He left home and immediately went after him, ended up shooting it. Def not fair chase.
                    Lol I think it was a zoo animal too

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
                      100%
                      As a majority, fair chase is gone with wind in Texas.
                      Long as you get them inches nothing else matters.

Comment

I wouldn’t mind them being banned on public grounds, levels the playing field and detours “territory” issues. I think a statewide ban for the western states isn’t completely out of question since you are dealing with migratory animals out there. But I don’t see an issue with private lands in places like Texas.

Comment

I don't hunt anywhere out west(yet) but have no problem with banning trail cams. I read an article where they were saying there was already a market for trail cam pics in certain areas. Locals would setup cameras and anyone could view the pictures and buy the exact info like where and when it was taken on any particular bull or buck.Thats ridiculous!

Sent from my LM-K920 using Tapatalk

Comment

Ban them on public lands but leave it to the landowner to decide on his own property. They are useful for more than killing big bucks...like knowing when hogs are in a trap or at a feeder, or trespassers are on the property.

Comment

I hunt Utah yearly and quite often get a questionnaire from the state about what I think is right or wrong with regards to hunting regulations. I cannot recall this issue but I am sure that there was consensus amongst hunters who actually hunt in Utah about what they think. I am cool with it. Showing up cold to public land is disadvantage enough. If there are people who have named every good animal in the unit before hunting season you are clearly further disadvantaged.

Comment

Snowflakes... LOL... some people don't seem to understand what that means but OK.

I'm 100% for the ban on public land, 100% against it on private. But I don't live in Utah so nobody cares what I think.

Originally posted by redsnapper101 View Post
                                Really an autocorrect error, and that is what you are focusing on? GFYS
                                lol somebody isn't getting the response they expected.
                                Last edited by justletmein; 01-13-2022, 06:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X