I caught the Covid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
    Why are people getting tested? Other pre-existing conditions? Just because? Work requirement?

Personally, if I didn't have liver issues that I thought were flaring back up, I would never have gotten tested myself.
    When I got tested it was to make sure to isolate. I was fine but didn't want to spread ot to others. Seems simple to me, but....

Comment

Originally posted by snappertapper View Post
      When I got tested it was to make sure to isolate. I was fine but didn't want to spread ot to others. Seems simple to me, but....
      Same here. I also travel for work and last thing I want to do is show up with a "cold" and then have the company shutdown the office because of a COVID outbreak.

I had Delta and it sucked. I have Omicron now and so far I feel like I have the flu / really bad cold with a crazy sore throat. I dont have the loss of breath / breathing constriction / stomach issues like I did with Delta. I just take vitamin C/D/B12 and Zinc along with some club soda for quinine.

I am vaxxed and got antibody treatment for Delta but dont have a booster.

I never get it until my kids bring it home from daycare and I take care of them in the house. Delta I got from my daughter - who got it at daycare. Omicron I got from my son - who got it at daycare.

I think as a parent, the biggest thing is my immune system gets drawn down significantly taking care of the kids all night (literally all night) and then I end up getting it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin View Post
        Same here. I also travel for work and last thing I want to do is show up with a "cold" and then have the company shutdown the office because of a COVID outbreak.

I had Delta and it sucked. I have Omicron now and so far I feel like I have the flu / really bad cold with a crazy sore throat. I dont have the loss of breath / breathing constriction / stomach issues like I did with Delta. I just take vitamin C/D/B12 and Zinc along with some club soda for quinine.

I am vaxxed and got antibody treatment for Delta but dont have a booster.

I never get it until my kids bring it home from daycare and I take care of them in the house. Delta I got from my daughter - who got it at daycare. Omicron I got from my son - who got it at daycare.

I think as a parent, the biggest thing is my immune system gets drawn down significantly taking care of the kids all night (literally all night) and then I end up getting it.
        How did it effect your kids??

Comment

No Vax - 49. 215. had it last dec. like a bad flu. over it in 2 weeks. tired for 3 weeks. 90% for 4 weeks. back after 4 weeks. had it last week... 2 days like a mild cold. back after 5 days. 1/5 the first time. my kids both had it 2x and wife once. Every person i know had it and no one went to hospital under 75. i swear by raw oysters for REAL zinc and B12 and D. Every dozen i ate i felt better... wife thought i was crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
            How did it effect your kids??
            Delta

Son - Didn’t infect or was asymptomatic
            Daughter - looked like a 4 day stomach virus then recovered.

Omicron

Son 4y/o - major congestion, sore throat, coughing. Ear infection 4 days after positive test.

Daughter 20 months - sinus drainage, coughing, trouble sleeping and fussy.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin View Post
              Delta

Son - Didn’t infect or was asymptomatic

Daughter - looked like a 4 day stomach virus then recovered.

Omicron

Son 4y/o - major congestion, sore throat, coughing. Ear infection 4 days after positive test.

Daughter 20 months - sinus drainage, coughing, trouble sleeping and fussy.
              No such thing as asymptomatic. That was another lie

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by snappertapper View Post
                If you didn't have covid, say it was the flu, or the common cold, would you have isolated?

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                  If you didn't have covid, say it was the flu, or the common cold, would you have isolated?
                  Yes, without a doubt. I'm not really interested in passing any sort of virus onto others. I appreciate the same behavior in return. This has been my thinking long before C-19 was ever a thought on anyone's mind. I use the rule that's been the "norm" since I can remember, 24hours after fever subsides I come back out of isolation.

Comment

How can I have Covid but the kids who drank after me and around me all the time not catch. My dang wife hasent even caught it and we kiss when I’m good.

Comment

Originally posted by witotx View Post
                      if you didn't have covid, say it was the flu, or the common cold, would you have isolated?
                      100%

Comment

Originally posted by joevillars View Post
                        How can I have Covid but the kids who drank after me and around me all the time not catch. My dang wife hasent even caught it and we kiss when I’m good.
                        Most likely due to their superhuman immune system compared to adults and constantly coming into contact most every virus known to man.

They've no doubt caught the virus. It's just a matter of whether or not the virus replicates enough, before their immune system catches it, to show symptoms.

Comment

Originally posted by joevillars View Post
                          Took my wife two weeks to get it from me. Basically once I started coughing, 4 days after that.

Comment

Tested Positive on Monday. Had fever and chills for 4 days.

Comment

Friendly reminder that the experimental inoculations are not vaccines. At the very best they're profylactic therapeutics.

Comment

I had it starting December 30th. Really high fever up to 103* on day one, day two was a fever up to 101* but felt alright (mowed the yard), and day three was about back to normal other than some fatigue. I am vaccinated and December 30th was four months to the day of my second vaccine, meaning I should have been within the efficacy range of catching the bug. Omicron don't care. My wife and two young kids did not catch it.

*I had to get vaccinated in order to go to Canada for work, or probably wouldn't have gotten the jab. I had a hunch, like many of us, that these vaccines aren't doing a whole lot for many of us, and catching the bug was not a surprise in the least. I am thankful my symptoms were mild!

Comment

Working...
                                X