No announcement yet.

2022 Workout accountability...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Failed miserably last year... gotta get back in gear big time, I'm too soft and out of breath these days... stats today 6'5" - 258.2 - 31%

Comment

Slept in the AM but just knocked out a pull day over lunch!

Have to go out of town tomorrow but hoping to be back at it Saturday/Sunday

Comment

Thursday and Friday workouts complete. That puts endurance week behind me at CG, but might get an extra in tomorrow. A little sore but feeling good. Plan another ab round this afternoon, and one for the weekend, otherwise its active recovery time until Monday.

I saw on last years thread at least one other TBH'er was doing CG. Anyone else?

Comment

It was a good gym day even though it was hard dragging my old a r s e outta bed! Made a good chest and tricep day out of it. I'm still on the 5X5 plan, but decided to change things up a little this morning and added some strip sets in on chest.

Incline bench press on smith machine/cable pushdown/incline situp
          Incline DB chest fly/overhead rope extension
          Bench press strip sets/single arm cable pull down/ab roller
          Push ups/cable kickbacks

In the locker room a youngish guy asked me how long I've been lifting. My response was 35 years. When he asked me how old I was and I replied 62 he said, "**** I hope I look like that when I'm 62." I hear that occasionally and it always makes me feel good.

Have a great weekend!

Comment

My kid is has been on break and going to gym with me. I am just a weight pusher. He does athletic workouts and for those of you who want to test your athletic ability. I have 2 for you

1st- Pistol Squat holding onto your outstretch foot

2nd- Shrimp Squat holding your rear leg with both hands.

I didn’t even come close on either

Comment

I was worn out yesterday with no sleep and getting up at 4 for duck hunting

Made it in for legs today

Tomorrow should be shoulders.

Comment

Even though I don’t post on this thread often anymore, I’m still at it as much as possible. I’m looking at some hand surgery at sometime in the near future so I’ll miss about 2 months of lifting at some point this year. Legs and core will get blasted at that time.

Happy New Years to everyone and good luck with whatever your goals are for 2022.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

2022 Workout accountability...

Originally posted by Man View Post
                  Kinda along the same lines....I just signed up for my first 4K at age of 40. I can't run 30 feet but I have 1 month and 24 days to be able to run a 5K.

Good luck brother. Use this thread to hold yourself accountable and post every workout you do. I don’t care if you run 50 ft post it up as a milestone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Last edited by rtp; 01-09-2022, 06:49 PM.

Comment

Last Thursday was the first time I stepped back in the local CrossFit box since August. I spoke to my local church Cowboy preacher recently, and he told me he had recently started running again, and that he will join me next week at the CF box. Today he completed a 25 mile cross country run! It was in the Bandera County Hill Country Natural area. Lots of hills!
                    Anyway, I’m be back at it next week.
                    Oh, I also decided last Friday to quit dipping again…..wish me luck.

Comment

A little heating pad and nearly getting hydrodipped in Biofreeze last night seemed to help my back this morning so I hit it heavy and hard. Working on increasing the weight in my 5x5 trying to break through a plateau. Threw in some strip sets on chest as well.

Incline bench press on smith machine/preacher curl/incline situp
                      Seated wide grip chest press/BB curl
                      Hanging leg raise/hammer curl bar
                      Bench press strip sets/arm blaster curls
                      Incline DB fly/overhead cable curl

Back and legs tomorrow.

Comment

Looking forward to this year and pushing myself again. Just signed up for the Cowtown half marathon at the end of February so it's time to get serious.

Best of luck to everyone in 2022. To those who keep meaning to get off the couch and become more active, just do it! This is a great time to start.

Comment

The wife was busy Saturday so I squeezed in an extra CG workout for the week, totaling 6 hours/workouts last week, and 3 separate ab rounds.

Work up this morning a little sore, but pushed on to get a workout in to start strength and agility week. Had a few ab exercises in there too, and man the abs are sore!

Comment

Never skip leg day. So, I didn't. Back and leg supersets 5X5. I didn't get done everything I wanted, but it's probably best. I'd like to be able to walk later today.

Sled leg press/t-bar row/ab roller
                            Front squat/BB row inverse grip/hanging leg raise
                            Weighted pullup/prone leg curl/incline sit up
                            Leg extension/low row

Chest and triceps will be on the menu for tomorrow.

Comment

Full week of workouts last week.

M-Sa: 20 min Cardio alternating stationary bike and runnning followed by HIIT with heavy lifting.
                              Sunday : Did a 5k with the wife. 12 min pace running intervals. Its been a while since she has been running so I let her determine the rest paces.

Started this week off in a similar format, but lowering weight and increasing reps during the HIIT.

Feeling really good about everything and found a new Podcast to listen to during my workouts.

Elk Bros.- Blue Collar Elk Hunting

Comment

Lots of TUT with slow rep sets today interrupted by burst of cardio/agility. Slow leg sets followed by fast body weight reps put my legs on fire.

Today marked my 650th check in at CG, or 650 hours in the last 3 years 3 months. I have never been a runner, nor a gym rat, so the HIIT type training and the outdoors has worked for me. I started at 215 lbs, and today I am much leaner at 182 lbs. At 55, I feel good to be able to do this on a daily basis.

I need to squeeze in that ab round today too...we will see.

Comment

Working...
                                X