No announcement yet.

Coleman 1 lbs propane tanks...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’ve refilled them with no issues. You can fill them too much though! When I did it, I used a scale and only put 1# in the bottle when filling.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Amazon sells the whole outfit to refill them, even includes a stand to put your big tank on at the correct angle. That said, how much money are you gonna save ? In the overall picture of deer hunting costs, it’s like peeing in the ocean.

Comment

I've refilled mine many times with no issues. I initially bought a hose and adaptor for a 20# one and it didn't flow correctly. I use it for a heater buddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
          Amazon sells the whole outfit to refill them, even includes a stand to put your big tank on at the correct angle. That said, how much money are you gonna save ? In the overall picture of deer hunting costs, it’s like peeing in the ocean.
          Please don't pee in the ocean.

Comment

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fD1CmorB_qM"]NO Pre-Chilling! Refill a 1lb Propane Bottle - Coleman - Leaky relief valve? Read pinned comment. - YouTube[/ame]

This is how I do it. Best way I found so far. It does save money. But, what I found is it really saves time. A lot of places I normally buy the 1 lb cylinders were out of them this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post

This is how I do it. Best way I found so far. It does save money. But, what I found is it really saves time. A lot of places I normally buy the 1 lb cylinders were out of them this season.
              Thanks for sharing the video!!

Comment

I also use a digital food scale to weigh the tank once refilled to make sure that's it pretty close to what it would be new off the shelf (~29.2 - 29.5 oz.).

I did have a couple that I overfilled one time, and then they sat in the garage and got hot, so they ended up bulging pretty good. I bled some of the excess out and used them without issue, but I would not refill those.
                Last edited by Etxbuckman; 01-07-2022, 10:26 AM.

Comment

I always just under fill to be on the safe side.

Comment

IMHO. Got the adapter and never used it but I've heard that you can't get near the factory charge when refilling.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                      IMHO. Got the adapter and never used it but I've heard that you can't get near the factory charge when refilling.
                      You can if you do it correctly. Like the video shows.

Comment

I go to the trouble to weigh the empties before and after so that I can get a pound in there and only a pound.

Comment

Been filling my own for years also know problem. You just to learn how to vent the air out of them to get a good full bottle.

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
                            I go to the trouble to weigh the empties before and after so that I can get a pound in there and only a pound.
                            Oh, and that's after I've pushed the valve open to empty the can as much as possible!

Comment

Well I have been considering this for a while now, and seems consensus is that its ok. The 1 person to mention not ok gave no specifics as to why, and I can understand why Coleman would also strongly suggest not to refill since they need to sell more. Going to get the converter from Amazon and start re-filling mine. Purely for the time savings not for the financial savings.

Comment

Coleman and Mr. Heater both make adapters specifically for refilling 1 lb bottles. Now, why would they do that? [emoji849]

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

Working...
                                X