Houston-area gun trust attorney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone have a recommendation for a lawyer in the Houston area to set up a gun trust? I'm considering starting the process to get a suppressor and I don't want to do any part of this myself.

On a side note, I apologize if there's another thread somewhere with this. For whatever reason the search function does not seem to be working when searching for anything except a username.

Um been there done that it was a great thing back before the laws changed. Now if you put more than one person it makes it a headache to go buy a supressor everytime.

The guys here turned me on to the Silencer shop 1 time use trusts and or the standard trust for $99 that you can add multiple things to. i would look at that and not waste my money on a expensive lawyer trust nowdays.

Comment

Originally posted by dclifton View Post
      Um been there done that it was a great thing back before the laws changed. Now if you put more than one person it makes it a headache to go buy a supressor everytime.

The guys here turned me on to the Silencer shop 1 time use trusts and or the standard trust for $99 that you can add multiple things to. i would look at that and not waste my money on a expensive lawyer trust nowdays.
      Ah. I didn't realize they would handle everything.

So which trust option would I need to use between the two:

*Not for use in Iowa or Vermont**A trust exclusive to Silencer Shop when Form 1's and Form 4's are submitted by Silencer Shop* Streamline your silencer purchase with Silencer Shop's Single Shot Trust, combining the ease of individual filing with the bene

Secure your NFA items with the Traditional NFA Gun Trust. Offering a one-time fee, this trust allows multiple trustees to possess suppressors and other NFA items.

I'm guessing it'd be the second one, but again I don't want to leave anything to chance.

Comment

I’ve been very happy with the trust Jim Willi set up for me, not in Houston, but everything can be handled over the phone/email. $300 we’ll spent in my opinion. He’ll answer any legal questions you may have and walk you through the process should you have issues.

Comment

Jim Willi. Not in Houston, but you can handle everything on the phone. Super knowledgeable when it comes to trusts and NFA items. Don’t go cheap with the “fill in the blank” trusts. Get someone like Jim Willi to tailor it to your specific needs. He’s also happy to answer any questions you may have down the road which is worth a lot IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by stxhunter View Post
            I’ve been very happy with the trust Jim Willi set up for me, not in Houston, but everything can be handled over the phone/email. $300 we’ll spent in my opinion. He’ll answer any legal questions you may have and walk you through the process should you have issues.
            Jim Willi. He's a bit more expensive. But, I was more than happy to pay it for the expertise. His trust is setup, so that you can instantly remove people if you are going to purchase another one and then add them back later.

Comment

Thanks guyS. I recall seeing Jim Willi being mentioned on here numerous times, so it sounds like he's got a pretty good reputation.
              Last edited by Etxbuckman; 01-05-2022, 11:49 AM.

Comment

I used James Willi after Sean Cody passed.

Very helpful and all done via phone and email.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by sectxag06 View Post
                  Jim Willi. He's a bit more expensive. But, I was more than happy to pay it for the expertise. His trust is setup, so that you can instantly remove people if you are going to purchase another one and then add them back later.
                  Sounds like a good option!! Buy up what you want then add them..

Comment

I used Jim Willi also. All done over email. There is still a lot of benefit to using a trust even if you have more than you on it, with the silencershop kiosks everywhere its not a big hassle to have fingerprints done for everyone on it. You can also add and remove people very easily and you can have all items in one trust.

Comment

Jim Willi owns and operates Guntrustguru.com as well. It is a fill in the blank trust template that he uses, but he will back it the same as he does if you call and have him tailor one to you. It’s considerably cheaper as well. Either way I’m a big fan of Jim. He’s good people!

Comment

If anyone has his contact info, please shoot me a PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post
                          I used James Willi after Sean Cody passed.

Very helpful and all done via phone and email.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
                          Dang, I had no idea Sean Cody passed.

Comment

Originally posted by Neck View Post
                            Dang, I had no idea Sean Cody passed.
                            Really? I coulda swore I talked to you about it.

Sean's wife took his stuff over, I think. I am about to order another, might need to check. Sean had redone mine about 2 months before the wreck.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                              Jim Willi owns and operates Guntrustguru.com as well. It is a fill in the blank trust template that he uses, but he will back it the same as he does if you call and have him tailor one to you. It’s considerably cheaper as well. Either way I’m a big fan of Jim. He’s good people!
                              Dadgum. I'm going through it now and this things super easy. And he's got a "holidays special" right now where it's only $79.95.

Comment

Working...
                              X