No announcement yet.

Inflation Much?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That ad is from the sixties or seventies, prices were pretty static for several years. I remember giving less than $100 for an 870 and around $120 for an 1100. And as Gumbo Man said, I was making $2.75 to $3.50 an hour and I was making good money running equipment and working 60-70 hours a week. If I had all the guns I’ve bought, traded, and sold through the years I could open my own gun store !

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
      I remember prices like that.
      Me too. I bought my 1100 in 78 at those prices.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
        Somewhere back in the early 80's someone was looking at that new Gibsons mailer and thinking of the good ol days when guns where not that expensive.

Originally posted by kae006 View Post
        Here's a receipt for two 11-48's my Grandfather bought back in 1954

Now that is a real keepsake. Hopefully yall still have the guns or at least one of them.

Comment

I paid $200.00 for a 12 gauge 1100 30” barrel at Gibsons in 1978.
          In Brenham Texas, still a good shooting gun

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post

Now that is a real keepsake. Hopefully yall still have the guns or at least one of them.
            Sitting in my safe. The other one was for a coworker of his I believe, as I have the receipt from a money order for only one of the shotguns. He had it shipped to his base in Japan and had it extensively engraved, I also have the gunsmith's business card.

Had these photos uploaded to Photobucket before they went crazy.
            Last edited by kae006; 02-04-2023, 03:51 PM.

Comment

That's da shizzy ^^^

Comment

First gun I bought was an H&R topper in 20 ga back in 70. Thinkin I gave about $30 for it.

Comment

Originally posted by locolobo View Post
                  First gun I bought was an H&R topper in 20 ga back in 70. Thinkin I gave about $30 for it.

My dad still has his that he bought as a young kid. It may be a topper jr can’t remember. That black rubber recoil pad was hard as a brick. It would rattle teeth with the right load.

Comment

My first gun was a 20 gauge H&R topper. I think it was around $79.

I bought a Ruger 10-22 for $99 (I think) in 1986. They were the cats meow.

Comment

Bought my first two guns at Gibson’s a 30-06 and 12 gauge 1100. Still have and use them. Bringing back memories.

Comment

Bought a rem 600 in 222 from Carters Country in the 70s for $119.00
                        Still have it .

Comment

Working...
                        X