No announcement yet.

Hostile Lease Mate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just seeing this or dont remember seeing it. Crazy situation, and glad you still made the best of your season. Congrats on the wifes first deer. Did you do a thread on her deer?

Comment

Some of you know my story. Some of you don’t. Ironically enough, this is my 10 year anniversary of being shot at my lease twice: once in the face and once in the back. The latter left me paralyzed. I was shot by someone on the lease. THIS SHOULD NOT BE TAKEN LIGHTLY. If he is threatening you with a fire arm, what will happen when he has a few cocktails in him. Learn from my experience. Kick him off or you leave the lease. Hunting property is NOT worth my outcome. If you kick him off, get a restraining order on him as well.

Comment

Congrats on a good season. I'd still let the "lease boss" know that either the problem guy goes or I'm out. Life's too short to let a crazy dude call the shots.

Comment

Originally posted by rynolandscaping View Post
          Some of you know my story. Some of you don’t. Ironically enough, this is my 10 year anniversary of being shot at my lease twice: once in the face and once in the back. The latter left me paralyzed. I was shot by someone on the lease. THIS SHOULD NOT BE TAKEN LIGHTLY. If he is threatening you with a fire arm, what will happen when he has a few cocktails in him. Learn from my experience. Kick him off or you leave the lease. Hunting property is NOT worth my outcome. If you kick him off, get a restraining order on him as well.
          Thread link?

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
            Yes. That’s him. Hope he is doing okay. I never did hear what happened to the drunk who shot him.
            I have been lurking. All good and living on lake texoma. The gentleman that shot me got 12 years in prison. Only did 7 years and is on supervision until 2025.

Comment

Great advice here.

Comment

I have been lurking. All good and living on lake texoma. The gentleman that shot me got 12 years in prison. Only did 7 years and is on supervision until 2025.
                I remember this, but from a different forum. I wondered what ever happened. I'm glad you're still around Ryan, but that POS should have gotten way more than 12 years!!

Comment

Originally posted by CRM_95 View Post
                  I remember this, but from a different forum. I wondered what ever happened. I'm glad you're still around Ryan, but that POS should have gotten way more than 12 years!!
                  Fact! 40 years to life for attempted murder.

Comment

Good to hear you have moved on and life is treating you well. You are a much better man than me by referring to the shooter as a gentleman!

Comment

I just hope and pray that the OP doesn’t have to live with the guilt of killing this man, or the agony of being on the wrong end of a gun fight.

Comment

I just hope and pray that the OP doesn’t have to live with the guilt of killing this man, or the agony of being on the wrong end of a gun fight.

I hate it took a thread like this to get you back in here. You should come around more! I’m glad you’re doing well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I can’t imagine - looks like what needs to be said. Take care! Merry Christmas to You and yours!

Comment

Wow. Never saw this story before. Glad you are doing well up in God's country. Cautionary warning received sir

Comment

Good to see you post again. Wishing the best.

Comment

Working...
                              X