No announcement yet.

Self-sufficiency on the rise...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going back to the old ways. Sounds cool. But the reality of it is if electricity was gone tomorrow 90% of the world would be dead in a year. And a year is being awfully generous.

This world can't even handle Covid-19. Which is arguably the weakest pandemic in the history of the universe. People are pancake soft. We're far too advanced to be going full tilt 1800's. If anything really bad ever hits we're all goners. That's not meant to put anyone down but it's reality. Just look at what that cold snap last Spring did for the State of Texas alone. And it wasn't even that cold there. If the wrong thing hits at the wrong time we're all gonna go be with the Lord. Or a lot of us....Some of us. Maybe none of us. Who knows?

Hell I started a thread about eating roadkill a while back and most on here thought that idea sucked. This country ain't ready for a red alert. And who wants to live like that anyways? Wouldn't it just be easy to save money and die like a person is supposed to instead of being cold and hungry or dying of thirst and hot? No thanks I'll just be chillin with Jesus and my ancestors when y'all get there. I ain't tryin to survive no natural disaster or none of that. Mother nature can just take me with her.
    Last edited by okrattler; 12-14-2021, 03:27 AM.

Comment

It would be choas. What do you think all the ants who live on top of each other in urban/suburban areas are going to do? Kick a ant mound, thats what's going to happen. They will come streaming out of the city. They will be desperate and start looking to take from the ones that have things. I'm fine protecting what I have but I'm realistic also. There are waaay more of them than there are of us. Even out here it's getting bad. They are throwing up subdivisions around here on the daily, most if not all are houses that are 4' apart on a tiny lot.

All of those people will screwed and have no chance.

Comment

Originally posted by CitiotsGoHome View Post
        It would be choas. What do you think all the ants who live on top of each other in urban/suburban areas are going to do? Kick a ant mound, thats what's going to happen. They will come streaming out of the city. They will be desperate and start looking to take from the ones that have things. I'm fine protecting what I have but I'm realistic also. There are waaay more of them than there are of us. Even out here it's getting bad. They are throwing up subdivisions around here on the daily, most if not all are houses that are 4' apart on a tiny lot.

Live at least a days walk away from a big city (25 miles should do) and you’d be ok for quit some time. If people have to walk to try to find supplies, they won’t be passing up very many houses. If things went south, it would get VERY bad in cities within a week, bad in the suburbs within 3-4 weeks, and rural areas wouldn’t get bad until all the other houses had been ransacked first so you’d probably be ok for a few months.

Comment

You have said the most with the least words. If it does come down the population will be a fraction of what it was before it started. Gonna be a lot of non believers wishing they had believed!!

Comment

My Grandfather told stories of people being shot while stealing from gardens in the depression.

There are too many people.

Comment

Night vision, guns and ammo.

Comment

Originally posted by zztex View Post
                Pressure canning for the first time a week ago. Really enjoy it
                I’ve been pressure canning for several years, it is enjoyable and kind of addicting.
                I can beef,chicken, pork, deer, fish and all sorts of vegetables, from beans to potatoes.
                My wife likes for me to do it because if we have company just show up all we have to do is heat it up, it has happened several times.
                I have brought my prepper meals to church and everyone loved it.

Comment

Great. Another fad.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

Glad to see this thread staying on a reasonable level with reasonable folks comments. Hopefully it stays this way and people can learn and get new ideas. The canning of meat has sparked my interest that I haven’t tried yet.

Comment

In the end we all die...got those preparations squared away, so I am ready.

Comment

Let’s hear more ideas on preparations and ideas. It’s pretty obvious of what would happen, yes your whole family would get wiped out over a can of beans we know that. I would rather hear other ideas maybe some things that others have not thought of. I would like to be prepared for as much as possible something more than I’m just gonna lay here and die.

Comment

Originally posted by Filletem View Post
                          Let’s hear more ideas on preparations and ideas. It’s pretty obvious of what would happen, yes your whole family would get wiped out over a can of beans we know that. I would rather hear other ideas maybe some things that others have not thought of. I would like to be prepared for as much as possible something more than I’m just gonna lay here and die.
                          Water will be a big thing initially...in a real SHTF scenario, having clean cooking/drinking water on hand will be a task.

Would be curious what everyone is planning on doing?

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
                            Lol! I can kill a plastic cactus! If I gotta garden I’m in trouble!!

Maybe I’ll trade fish for veggies!!

I literally have aloe Vera plants dying as we speak…We are screwed [emoji28]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Death from Above View Post
                              Water will be a big thing initially...in a real SHTF scenario, having clean cooking/drinking water on hand will be a task.

I’m gonna cheat a little in this category…spring fed creek runs through my front yard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Death from Above View Post

I have a shallow well that was on my property when I bought it. I do need to get a new pump for it. My plan is enough solar so I can pump water when needed. I guess if that fails a long string with a cylinder type container and a check valve would get it done.

Comment

Working...
                                X