Are they still ruttin'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are they still ruttin'

Headed for a quick hunt down by Pleasanton for a couple of days. Are the still rutting down there or is it all over by now?

Thanks,

Mike

I'm thinking they should be going right now.

Comment

They're still running. My son-in-law is a ranch manager at Catarina and he told me today that the rut is still on. Said they're not seeing much because they are all locked down with does.

Comment

I live in Pleasanton and have a feeder 200 yards behind the house I watch every day. Deer sightings are WAY WAY down right now. Does that mean they are running? I haven’t been seeing bucks after does the past few weeks.

Take that for what it’s worth.

Comment

It’s in full swing right now.

Comment

The last two days in Campbellton the bucks have been paired up with does.

Comment

north of Hondo yes.

Comment

MikeyB (good name by the way, it's also my name ), the second rut is just get-n started around these parts (early-mid Dec). But not sure about down south.

Comment

Just left our place in south Karnes county and it was just starting to pick up.

Comment

I think it is just about to get serious. Just got back and only had the young'uns pushing does. Sure was hard to leave, heading back Sunday

Comment

Well we got a small doe and cull buck. No signs of ruttin. All does were with other does by themselves.

Comment

We are a little farther South but they are just starting to get interested down there. Should be going strong in the next few days to a week I would think.

Comment

Working...
                        X