Sign of the times - No working dummies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sign of the times - No working dummies

So i've noticed lately that random Whataburger stores have been closed on random days for no apparent reason. I thought maybe deep cleaning due to Covid? Well, today i asked. The guy at the counter, older gent working to supplement his retirement income, tells me they are closed on random days because on those days they are understaffed. They have as few a four people trying to operate the store. They hire people for $15 / hour+, (more than they guy is making and he has been working there for over five years), the people agree to the job, and then never show back up. Jeez. High school kids, adults, all ages. Go looking for a job, get a job, and never show up. Ugh....

Sad state of affairs...

Is he stupid or what. Why is he working for less than the hiring wage?

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
      Lol

Comment

That really what I got out of the post the most

Comment

I mention this the other day. Whataburger near my fire station does not even open their dining room……ever. When I asked, same reason. Can’t find help so they figured out how to do a lot more business at the drive through

Comment

AND DUMB AF!!

Email I got earlier today.
            Fun times are a coming in the morning.
            Yesterday one of them pulled up onto a fully manicured yard and broke the waterline feeding the house.
            Attached Files

Comment

I have to say that question crossed my mind. But hey, the guy shows up to work, seems to care about doing a good job, and contributes. I guess the rest is his business.

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                AND DUMB AF!!

Yesterday one of them pulled up onto a fully manicured yard and broke the waterline feeding the house.
                I bet that’s going to be somethin to see

Comment

^we will need a update on this one^

Comment

Seems to be the problem just about everywhere. our local sonic, on some days, only has two somewhat older guys working. i don't even bother with the whataburger here. It's about like what you described. and i'm seeing signs outside these place advertising $15 - $20 per hr and with signing bonuses. I remember when i was 18 and being happy with $6 per hour as an assistant manager at a sonic.

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                      AND DUMB AF!!

I would loose my SH*% over this.....I dont know why anyone would drive like a jack ***** in a company vehicle...

Comment

The older gent working for less than the starting wage may be under 65 years of age. If that is the case he can only make $18960 a year without it affecting his Social Security payments.

Comment

Maybe he has a good work ethic and the money is close enough for him.

Comment

Originally posted by buckfan50 View Post
                            The older gent working for less than the starting wage may be under 65 years of age. If that is the case he can only make $18960 a year without it affecting his Social Security payments.
                            This makes sense. Would make more sense the government is the idiot in this story. As usual

Comment

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
                              I have to say that question crossed my mind. But hey, the guy shows up to work, seems to care about doing a good job, and contributes. I guess the rest is his business.
                              If he’s satisfied, it’s his business.

Comment

Working...
                              X