Cost for 1/2 cord of wood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mmlreiner View Post
    If someone in the magnolia area needs some firewood shoot me a pm. I’m here at the ranch til Wednesday and I can cut and split a couple cords and bring them back. I’ll do $150 for 1/2 a cord and I can bring back two full face cords. After that I’ll be back before thanksgiving and I can cut and split another set. Mostly oak with some pecan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Misty, just to be clear, a "Face Cord" is 42.67 cubic feet or 4' X 8' X 16".
    A full cord is 128 cubic feet or 4' X 4' X 8'.
    It takes 3 Face Cords to equal a full cord of wood...

Comment

To give everyone a good perspective of just how much wood a full cord is, a long wheel base pick up bed stacked end to end between the wheel wells and to the top of the cab front to back is a cord of wood. Dang few people buying wood thinking they're getting a cord, or 1/2 cord actually get what they pay for...

Comment

We just paid $350 for 2 cords delivered 20 miles to camp.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
          Misty, just to be clear, a "Face Cord" is 42.67 cubic feet or 4' X 8' X 16".
          A full cord is 128 cubic feet or 4' X 4' X 8'.
          It takes 3 Face Cords to equal a full cord of wood...
          Yep, my family sold and delivered firewood back in the 1980s out in West Texas.
          We sold a cord of firewood (4’ wide, 8’ wide and 4’ deep.) for $150 delivered and stacked. My dad worked us hard...

A Face Cord is 1/3 of a cord measuring 4 ft. high by 8 ft. wide by 16 inches deep. 16" being the normal length of a single stick. Sold these for $95 delivered. Usually to people who had limited space for storing wood or limited funds. They would also almost always tip my brother and I at least the extra $5.

Like everything else the price of wood has gone up.

Comment

I just paid 165.00 for wood delivered 4x2x8 stacked Grayson County

Comment

Still looking for firewood delivered to Arlington… last guy ghosted me

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                There is a place on side the highway in Corrigan that sells firewood. Not sure if they deliver. But, I bet they know sineone that does.
                Just passed there
                $100 for a IBC water tote full

Comment

Originally posted by muzzyslinger View Post
                  Wish I had known that to late for me now

Comment

Most people want 16-18” lenths, the reason the price stays the same is you every chunk has to be cut and split. It’s just as much hard azz work.
                    I still cut my own wood for myself and don’t sell it anymore, but if somebody wanted 16-18” lengths they would get 4x8x16-18” or it’s not worth the effort.
                    I usually cut around 8 cords a year for our personal use, but if I was to sell it would be $180 for 1/2 cord or $350 for a full cord and they would pick it up.
                    But I am getting older.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                      There is a place on side the highway in Corrigan that sells firewood. Not sure if they deliver. But, I bet they know sineone that does.
                      We pass buy there allot throughout the year. Them folks sell allot of wood from my observation.

Comment

I’ve always thought about taking a cord to Port Aransas over spring break. I bet you could triple the going rate selling it by the arm full.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzyslinger View Post
                          Was that mixed wood?

Comment

350 a cord in lubbock. Also sells for $500 for a back pickup load as well.

Comment

Originally posted by canny View Post
                              If anyone has a connection in the Magnolia/Tomball area please share. I've got a few quotes for 225-250 for a half cord delivered and stacked.
                              Don’t know the cord size, but a 5.5-6’ truck bed packed to the top is roughly 300 pieces of wood at 2920 and Ella/Falvel is $200 for post oak, pecan or red oak. Help them fill your truck bed and they tend to throw in an extra 20-30 pieces.

Comment

Originally posted by tkuehn5410 View Post
                                350 a cord in lubbock. Also sells for $500 for a back pickup load as well.
                                So for a back pickup load you get less wood but charged more?

I assume you are talking about filling up the bed of a truck, is that correct?

Comment

Working...
                                X