Menard 2021/2022 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Slew View Post
    Good job! What’s your scope setup on that rig? I’m trying to decide red dot or scope for mine! Plan to get it set up and shoot something with it but likely 20yds or less!
    This is an old bushnell trophy handgun series scope. It’s held up well over the years. I actually prefer RDS but do like a scope when hogs are a possibility since they usually come out in very low light.

Comment

Thursday night at deer camp. All to myself. Off Cleo. Gonna be a great weekend. Good luck if you make it out this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Randy M View Post
        Thursday night at deer camp. All to myself. Off Cleo. Gonna be a great weekend. Good luck if you make it out this weekend.

We are headed down tomorrow. Good luck this weekend to y’all!

Comment

First freeze of the year here in Menard. 31 degrees, clear, cold and no wind...beautiful day. Unfortunately, I am cooking for 50-70 folks and it is the Veteran's Day Parade at 10:00 AM which is a big deal here. Menard County had one of the highest percentages of the population serve in WWII, so Veterans Day is huge.
          Adios,
          Gary

Comment

Just picked up some property just north of 3463... anyone hunt up that ways? Gonna be starting from scratch there next year

Comment

My friend, Joe Terry, just got his first traditional bow killed deer on Waddell Ln. Not a big one but a big deal as he's been trying for 3 years to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kas View Post
                Just picked up some property just north of 3463... anyone hunt up that ways? Gonna be starting from scratch there next year

I hunt near there Kas. Congratulations on the property.

Comment

Well I’m just south of y’all In Kimble county as I’ve mentioned previously but starting to see some rutting going on. One lease member shot a nice heavy 9 Saturday morning. Got our first official freeze then too. Things should get fun in the next 3 weeks or so.

Comment

Originally posted by SV72 View Post
                    I hunt near there Kas. Congratulations on the property.

Pm inbound would like to pick your brain if that’s ok

Comment

Originally posted by Kas View Post

I know most of the ranches in that area and have hunted them through the years.
                      Adios,
                      Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Roberson View Post
                        I know most of the ranches in that area and have hunted them through the years.
                        Adios,
                        Gary
                        just sent you a pm too sir would love to pick your brain

Comment

Nice trip and weather at the lease last weekend. Wheat was up high in our front pasture and game was taking advantage of it. Quite a few Axis and some really nice bucks. Meat comes first though. HaHa
                          Attached Files

Comment

Wish the axis would come to our part of menard. Congrats

Comment

Originally posted by capt1brooks View Post
                              They will, just a matter of time.
                              Adios,
                              Gary

Comment

Originally posted by capt1brooks View Post
                                They seem to be a nomad roaming type of animal.
                                I may see them heavy for a couple of years and not see them again for another 2 or 3 years.
                                They love the winter wheat and I usually only see them there when it sprouts early.

Comment

Working...
                                X