No announcement yet.

Price Increases In Your Industry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We build custom pools... steel and gunite have went up and we are seeing shortages and huge backorders on many things. EasyTouch control panels, heaters, chlorinators, 3-way valves, 2-way valves, etc are all hard to get enough of as fast as we need them. I have been ordering equipment packages weeks ahead of time and still don't have everything when I need it. The price of building a pool now versus a year ago is higher along with most everything else. What's insane is that this inflation doesn't seem to be slowing people's spending down any. We are on track to build more pools this year than last and last year was a record year in the industry. Last year the gunite shortage was the biggest struggle, and now that is getting better and it's backordered materials and equipment that's the issue. These are crazy times.

Comment

Feed and fertilizer both up over 20% Aquatic herbicide 10%

Comment

It is crazy to hear all these examples and to try and think about the best way to position yourself. I don't have any examples myself, I'm in ministry and salvation is still free for all in Christ.

Comment

We are planning on selling our home next Spring, and start building our forever home in the Summer. All of this craziness and unknowns really stinks. With my luck, the housing market will crash by then, building materials will be higher than now, and interest rates will be high by the time we close on our mortgage. Maybe we will get lucky and sell high, and building materials will drop some by our build time.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperExotics View Post
            Feed and fertilizer both up over 20% Aquatic herbicide 10%
            my buddies fertilizer was up 50% over last year for pasture

It's a game of hot potato right now, I'm sure I could get more for my place if I wait but it's a game of chicken, could get considerably more if I wait a year but could be a lot less......have a lady out of Washington state that may buy, said they wanted to move to Texas and I threw out a price I would be happy with and she didn't blink. Could be leaving money on the table but I'm afraid to risk waiting knowing it's going to crash at some point but when...….headed to Florida panhandle this week to look at places

Comment

Originally posted by TransPecos View Post
              I sell prepainted steel coil. Metal buildings, roll up doors, etc. I’m currently quoting September/October arrivals. Prices are almost double compared to where I was selling just 6 months ago. It continues going up.
              Dangit, I measured my barn yesterday for roll up doors, guess I'll keep fighting my sliding doors

Comment

8 ounce cardboard containers are backordered 2 months, and black pepper prices have nearly doubled

Comment

Originally posted by lnester View Post
                  Welcome to inflation. She's been gone since the early 80s, but time to prepare. Go look up

Glad they specified LIVE cattle lol and not the dead kind

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
                    Home remodeling and restoration: EVERYTHING!!!

Lumber, insulation, drywall, nails, screws, roofing material, etc.... it’s insane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    yep!!

Least home pricing is also going up.

Comment

Our fireworks supplier sent email saying they may not be able to wholesale this year due to lack of supply. Very large company that orders directly from China. In effect doubles our cost if not more. We use the 500 gram cakes for weddings at our venue, 2-3 per wedding.

Comment

Most crop protection products took a 3% jump in the last couple of weeks. Fertilizer doubled over the last two months or so. There are some supply issues but I think it'll get worse before it gets better. Almost all products we use come from China at some point. It may be blended here but the raw materials come from China where they have no EPA, at least not to the extent we do. I was told once that it takes a year for us to see the implications from China. As far as them increasing their prices on raw goods until we see those increases in our supply here. Same for supply issues apparently.

The Californians not unloading all the boats in a timely manner sure doesn't help either.

Comment

We are in the picture framing business. Prices have not been dramatically up this year - we normally expect about 5% increases across the board year-over-year and this has been the same.
                          However, picture frame moulding is made almost exclusively overseas and between manufacturing and shipping, landed inventory is severely impacted. We placed a recent order with a direct importer and were backordered on 80% of the product.

Comment

Hyperinflation

Comment

Crazy reading all these and knowing people keep buying and buying everything. $90k trucks with $100k campers and ATVs and boats. Heck I could sell my boat for over what I paid a dealer for it 3 years ago.

Scary scary time.

Comment

Fertilizer has skyrocketed the last few months, we put out about 4,000-5,000 tons a year.

Comment

Working...
                                X