Cost to build a house???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cost to build a house???

Dad and I are talking about me building a house on his place in the country. We are wondering when figuring the cost to build per square foot what all does that include as a rule? Like Concrete slab, plumbing, electrical and walls with a roof in the dry or is it also including the internal fixtures etc. I know you have to add it all up for final cost but just to figure up cost when they say it cost X number of dollars to build a house.
    Thanks for any pointers and help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really depends on size, style and grade of finishes

Comment

Cost to build a house???

Originally posted by Buckrider View Post
      Dad and I are talking about me building a house on his place in the country. We are wondering when figuring the cost to build per square foot what all does that include as a rule? Like Concrete slab, plumbing, electrical and walls with a roof in the dry or is it also including the internal fixtures etc. I know you have to add it all up for final cost but just to figure up cost when they say it cost X number of dollars to build a house.

I’m building a 3500 Sqft living and it’s around $160 a square foot not including the land.

Baton Rouge is different then Texas though.

Comment

1800 sq.ft on slab 40 loads of select fill.
        No septic
        No well
        About $240k Hardie siding, granite, stained concrete,or tile floors, plywood cabinets, granite- nice

$140ish per sq ft.

Comment

85-95 a sq foot in Leon county.

Comment

I spent $100/ft without paying a builder..

Comment

Depends. Mine is all in about $176/ft.
              Includes extra 700 ft of concrete porch. Slabs are $8/ft in my area.
              Metal roof

Comment

If you self contract you should be able to make it happen in the $85-90 range easily. Middle grade

Comment

Wow. We built less than $70 sq ft. Contracted the work our self. Took two years because of Harvey.

Comment

I would say $125/sqft for a nice home if you contracted everything out yourself in 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckrider View Post

As a rule it is a finished out house. What changes the cost is material used inside and out.

Comment

If you’re the GC you should be able to easily get in sub $100/sq ft I’d you don’t go absolutely crazy on items.

Comment

$100-$400 sq/ft

Comment

2000 sq' (1720' living).

Built my Barndo for just under $60 sq'. Finished, including septic.

Custom cabinets, granite, stained concrete.

One of my best friends/hunting buddy of 25 yrs is a custom builder.

He's been trying to get me out of the Dblwd for years.

And for the price, I jumped on it.
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200319-195940_Photos.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	27.8 KB
ID:	24612292

Comment

You are basically asking, " how much does a car cost". I'm a custom home builder on Lake Fork and there are A LOT of variables. In addition, some builders quote under roof sqft and some quote heated sqft. Out here they are going to average between $100 and $150 per sqft under roof.

Comment

Working...
                              X