Trypan Broadhead Test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trypan Broadhead Test

Check out my new test of this super popular head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My favorite broadhead by far! Had GREAT luck with them.

Comment

Great work John. Love your content!

Comment

I like the tests and the trypans. Never had a complaint with them and I've shot a lot of game with them and even multiple animals with the same blades just replaced the plastic disk.

Curious why your test broke blades but not other expandables blades. Would be curious if it would break sevr's in the equivalent cut diameter.

Comment

Originally posted by diamond10x View Post
          …Curious why your test broke blades but not other expandables blades. Would be curious if it would break sevr's in the equivalent cut diameter.
          It’s an expandable. It’s a much weaker blade structure. There’s only a minimal amount of area where the blade is connected to the ferrule (maybe 1/8 of an inch of steel) where most fixed blades have over an inch of contact with the ferrule per blade. I’ve had Hypodermics break a blade often on deer and hogs. One of the reasons I won’t hunt with expandables on bigger game like Elk.

Comment

I have used them and they work but I my 4 blade Muzzy have the same amount of total cutting surface and produce same blood trails in my experience so I see no need in introducing a chance of failure.

Comment

I have shot a ton of big nasty hogs with the Trypan. Bent and broke a few blades but every hog was dead with a heck of a blood trail. That’s why they have replaceable blades. If the goal is a large wound channel and quality blood trail then Trypan fits the bill. I would like to see a test on the G5 MegaMeat which in my experience leaves a bigger wound channel than the Trypan.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                I have used them and they work but I my 4 blade Muzzy have the same amount of total cutting surface and produce same blood trails in my experience so I see no need in introducing a chance of failure.
                This x2

Comment

Originally posted by speck1 View Post
                  I have shot a ton of big nasty hogs with the Trypan. Bent and broke a few blades but every hog was dead with a heck of a blood trail. That’s why they have replaceable blades. If the goal is a large wound channel and quality blood trail then Trypan fits the bill. I would like to see a test on the G5 MegaMeat which in my experience leaves a bigger wound channel than the Trypan.
                  Megameats are nasty on critters. Currently have more on the way

Comment

Had good luck with Trypan on deer. Not so much on hogs.

OP, what is your go to hunting bow set-up? If you had to choose only one?

Comment

Another great video and I was quite surprised as I am sure you were as well. Like others.....I have had fantastic success with the Trypan on white-tail and hogs. I have never had one break before. Bend a little....yep, but never have broken a blade. Your video was very revealing though. The last several bucks I have shot......other Archers have commented at the size of the holes left by those blades. Great video!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X