Anyone else getting water to the critters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone else getting water to the critters

The hill country rain usually takes care of my water tanks. Not this year. had the place 10 years and can count on one finger how many times I have had to haul water to this station. A couple were from a broken pipe in the freeze. I am still feeding protein and a little bit of corn for now. Need some rain pretty bad. I'm hoping my water well doesn't go dry.
    Attached Files

Im very fortunate that my lease has three creeks that have never run dry

Comment

Yep. Tank went dry a couple of weeks ago.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
        Im very fortunate that my lease has three creeks that have never run dry
        You are very fortunate. The back corner of my property has part of the Dry Frio on it by plat maps. I know why they call it the Dry Frio, nothing but a drain access when it rains. I just make sure the water is available as much as I can.

Comment

We have 5 water stations similar to yours on 600 acres down south. We go every 2 weeks to top them off. There’s no other water source on the property. This has really helped with keeping deer on the property

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RobinHood View Post
            We have 5 water stations similar to yours on 600 acres down south. We go every 2 weeks to top them off. There’s no other water source on the property. This has really helped with keeping deer on the property

It did not take me long to figure out, if you have water, the animals will come. It's part of my requirement for the wildlife exemption anyway. I never know what will show up on camera.

Comment

Filling water stations and topping off feeders all day today.

Comment

Putting our water now. Nothing fancy, just fill up empty mineral tubs

Comment

Originally posted by CentralTXHunter View Post

Filling water stations and topping off feeders all day today.

I wished I could figure a way to do these things when it was not 100+ degrees outside.

Comment

Our set ups

Comment

I have two 275 gallon totes connected together at each of my feed pens. It’s a pain to fill them all up, but I wouldn’t have near the wildlife at my stands without the water.

Comment

When we first started putting out water, we’d fill the totes at camp with a water hose. It took an hour per tote to fill.
                        Then we got smart and bought a transfer pump from Tractor Supply and now pump water out of the 20’ water trough at the cattle pens for the totes. It now takes 6 mins per tote to fill and empty.

Comment

When we first started putting out water, we’d fill the totes at camp with a water hose. It took an hour per tote to fill.
                          Then we got smart and bought a transfer pump from Tractor Supply and now pump water out of the 20’ water trough at the cattle pens for the totes. It now takes 6 mins per tote to fill and empty.

Which pump did you get? Right now I'm using an old 12 volt off an old sprayer, takes a long time but better than my old way of siphoning into 5 gallon buckets.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                            I have two 275 gallon totes connected together at each of my feed pens. It’s a pain to fill them all up, but I wouldn’t have near the wildlife at my stands without the water.
                            Agreed, it's not fun to haul water but like you say no water no or fewer animals.

Comment

No watering needed at my place. The deer drink from the flooded Sabine River at Toledo Bend.

Comment

Working...
                              X