Austin Restaurant Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Austin Restaurant Recommendations

My wife and I are going to spend a few days in Austin for our anniversary. Yes I know it is full of Californians and hipsters but we are not moving there. I lived in Austin for a short time after I graduated but it's been probably 15 years and things have drastically changed.

I am looking for some recommendations for great restaurants in Austin. Anything from casual places like Mexican, Asian, Burgers on up to high end fine dining. Probably not looking for BBQ unless it is unique (I have done Franklins a couple times and it is great but not what we are looking for). I think I am aware of a lot of the classics like Matt El Rancho (if these type places are even still around.)

We will be staying downtown so restaurants in this area would be the best but we are not opposed to driving. Just looking for some good places for lunch and dinner. Maybe 1-2 high end places.

Also if you know of any good bars downtown that are worth going to for people in late 30's/early 40's. Not looking for a club or place full of young hipsters. If they have a good bourbon selection and good cocktails it would be best.
    Last edited by RJK70; 07-07-2022, 08:22 AM.

Man I hate to beat this horse because I always throw it out but my wife and I have Eddie V's downtown as our favorite as far as higher end joints. The one at The Arboretum is right up there with it. There was a funky little place called Reunion 19 that super jam up but I'm not sure if they're still there through the entire covid crap. I don't eat BBQ in Austin, Tx and that's that but this is my very humble opinion. Truluck's always had really good stone crab claws but not sure on the season.

Comment

My perfect day eating in Austin:

Breakfast - Cisco's
      Lunch - Dai Due ( Jesse Griffiths wild game)
      Dinner - Ranch 616
      Late Night Snack - Via 313

Comment

When I am up there I will hit Amaya's Taco Village for lunch and the Hula Hut for dinner.

Comment

If you like Fried Chicken you gotta go to Guss's Chickin downtown on San Jacinto for lunch. Cool place and great food

Comment

Lots of great food in Austin: a few options

-Mexican, nice ambiance - Fonda San Miguel, make a reservation well in advance
            -Seafood - Eddie Vs, La Perla
            - Italian - Vespaio
            -Steak house - Austin Land & Cattle, iii Forks

Comment

Lonesome Dove is outstanding for high end dining. Highly recommend the elk loin and wild boar ribs (I thought it was dumb when we ordered them, but man they know how to fix em).

If you like Vietnamese, Le Bleu is a great spot for lunch. North of Downtown, but also a stones throw away from Archery Country if you need an excuse to get over there.
              Last edited by mzurovec; 07-07-2022, 08:57 AM.

Comment

Leblanc's Cajun Kitchen in Livingston,Tx

Its 195 miles from Austin but well worth the drive.

Sent from my SM-J737A using Tapatalk

Comment

If you like sushi, Tomodachi.

Comment

Enchiladas y Mas and Amaya's Taco Village for lunch. Good greasy tex mex. Cheese enchiladas with chile con carne and onions.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
                      Leblanc's Cajun Kitchen in Livingston,Tx

Its 195 miles from Austin but well worth the drive.

Sent from my SM-J737A using Tapatalk
                      Austin tex mex and central Tx BBQ is vastly superior.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post

You must have never had Terry's voodoo shrimp.

Besides, it was a joke and a shameless plug for one of our site sponsors.

Comment

Steak house with pretty good drinks - J Carver's. Make a reservation.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
                            You must have never had Terry's voodoo shrimp.

Besides, it was a joke and a shameless plug for one of our site sponsors.
                            Thanks for the plug Jay.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post

Thanks BOB.

Comment

Working...
                              X