No announcement yet.

Housing bubble near??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can smell it coming. And, I will be waiting with cash in hand when it does

Comment

Those home prices are just an issue for Texans. Not the Californians moving in

Comment

It will be interesting to see what happens here in the Austin area. I've been watching it all unfold since purchasing my house almost twenty years ago. I would love to sell my house and make a bunch of money, then wait on things to nosedive, too bad timing the market is all but impossible. We have talked about selling and buying something else for years, housing prices have made that idea impossible for the last five years.

Comment

This may be true on the entry level homes; however, I don’t see a major correction in the Austin area on the homes north of 2 million or so. Demand from those fleeing other states is likely to remain strong. Only caveat is if the stock market(s) have a significant (further) decline, and buyers are less willing to sell to become liquid then the market, and pricing, will cool.

Comment

Originally posted by smtx View Post
            those home prices are just an issue for texans. Not the californians moving in
            #preach

Comment

Got a alert that the house we sold 2 years ago is now valued at $515,000…$135,000 more than we sold it for and $310,000 more than what we bought it for 7 years ago…it’s gotta pop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
                Those home prices are just an issue for Texans. Not the Californians moving in

[emoji3516]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

With a annual 10% increase in property taxes , and insurance, building cost, I am seeing lots of houses up for sale here local, doubtful it’s going to pop soon

Comment

Got my appraisal back on Monday......Value went almost 200k

Talked to realtor and he said that at best we are seeing it plateau but he doesn't expect a "pop" anytime soon. He told me if we see something it will be in a year or two. Growth in Texas is exponential in the Tech and Industrial sector and that should prevent us from seeing a substantial impact.

Comment

Demand far outweighs supply. Interest rates will suck some of the demand out of the market but even so it will probably only bring things closer to being in balance. We won’t see prices fall, they will just not increase at the same pace we have seen recently. Even if prices fall and rates rise (which they will) then the cost of the home will cost more even at a lower sales price due to financing cost unless you’re buying all cash.

Comment

Our clients are taking down land and building houses as fast as they possibly can. The used market just keeps going higher and higher with many being bought to fix up and flip if not torn down and rebuilt. Unless something really goes south, I don't see prices really changing.

Comment

No

Comment

Two houses on my street in San Antonio just went basically the same day they hit the market and probably $50K - $100K more than I thought on both. One house probably had over 50 different showings in a few days as it was sub $400K and there is nothing close to it in our neighborhood. It is going to be very interesting to see what it went for to the person that won the bid.

I wish I had a magic ball (my future and real estate future) because I would love to put an additional $75-100K into my house for the outside front and back yard. If these values hold, I have no problem making the investment into the property.

Comment

There is a thread of different out of state license that are being seen. These people don’t care about the bubble- they are making the bubble . I don’t see it slowing down with this happening .

Texas real estate should only be acquired by Natural born Texan residents and closed to anyone outside of our borders. Just joking OK lol

Comment

Working...
                              X