Deer Lease Insurance Recs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deer Lease Insurance Recs

Who do ya'll use for your Lease insurance? I've always had Lockton through the NRA but they almost doubled in price last year and I didn't know until it was too late to do any shopping. Trying to get ahead of it for this year to try to save us all some cash. TIA.

Didn't know deer lease insurance was a thing.

Comment

I use American Hunting Lease Association

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

is that a liability insurance or what does it do?

Comment

Originally posted by Planner View Post
          I use American Hunting Lease Association

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Same. https://ahuntinglease.org/hunting-lease-insurance

Comment

Originally posted by WCB View Post
            Didn't know deer lease insurance was a thing.
            It is. Its been a requirement on a couple of leases I've been on. Protects the landowner more than anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick View Post
              is that a liability insurance or what does it do?
              Yes. Liability.

Comment

Was wondering the same the lease I’m fixing to get on is requiring it as well first time I have ever had to get it and I’ve had many leases. There is a guy on here I PM the other day that supposedly can get good rates but I have not heard back from him yet .

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
                  Was wondering the same the lease I’m fixing to get on is requiring it as well first time I have ever had to get it and I’ve had many leases. There is a guy on here I PM the other day that supposedly can get good rates but I have not heard back from him yet .
                  Let me know if he gets back with you. I'm actually as interested (if not more) in a good policy as I am the price. Lots of liability potential if you're named as the lease manager.

Comment

National Deer Association offers great rates the last time I checked.

Comment

Would also be interested to know if anyone has ever had to make a claim and how that went.

Comment

How much does this cost annually?

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Evil View Post
                          How much does this cost annually?
                          Depends on acreage. Ours is 2500 acres. 450ish for a 1 million dollar policy. 650ish for 2. Split between all of the members its not too bad.

Comment

On a new lease this year and it is requiring insurance. The lease agreement is more akin to buying a car than getting on a deer lease...

The litigious nature of society is infiltrating everything...

Comment

I've never had to get it, but I can see landowners requiring it these days

Comment

Working...
                              X