Bug ID??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sabre Toothed Crotch Cricket

Comment

Burn everything

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Bug ID??

What the hell is this **** thing? Just got out of the shower and saw this bug by the door. This was in Lamesa at the house I stay at while working. About 3-4” long with a long spiked tail.

Tail was just as long as the bug

Comment

shoot

Comment

Vinegaroon

Visitors to Big Bend National Park in far West Texas are on high alert after one of the parks many insect inhabitants made it’s viral internet debut earlier this month.

Comment

Whatever it is I think it qualifies as a trophy.

Comment

Vinegaroon or “whipscorpion”

See them all the time at our place in Kinney county. Scary looking but other than being able to pinch, pretty harmless.

Comment

Originally posted by chwoodall View Post
                  Vinegaroon

Visitors to Big Bend National Park in far West Texas are on high alert after one of the parks many insect inhabitants made it’s viral internet debut earlier this month.

That looks just like it and I’m in West Texas. Working nights this week and I don’t know how much sleep I’ll get today after finding this **** thing. Lol.

Comment

Vinegaroon, they typically live out in the western part of the state. Kind of interesting bugs. I never knew of them till about five years ago, we were in Big Bend and had one in our camp one night. They are pretty big. They don't sting, but they can spray a mild acid, if I remember correctly. I think I read they hunt and kill scorpions. They are also called whip scorpions. They crazy part, is they live for something like 30 years.

Comment

I always wondered where the name came from. From the article above they can spray a mist from a gland on their butt that is "concentrated acetic acid" - vinegar.

Comment

Did you put your finger down there to see if it would grab it with those pincher thingys?

Comment

Yep, vinegaroon. Very cool critters. I captured one in Val Verde county and gave it to my aunt who is a middle school science teacher. They put it in a terrarium and kept it for 2-3 years, feeding crickets from the pet store.

Comment

I believe a that thing would be good and dead

Comment

Mrs. Morris would love to see one of them.
                              Me, not so much.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X