Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The good news for the Ags is it looks like the money flow has opened back up on the recruiting trail so expect some good news to follow. Word on the street was these guys got a little gun shy after Saban called them out and they got all the attention for having the #1 class but the gloves are off now.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
      The good news for the Ags is it looks like the money flow has opened back up on the recruiting trail so expect some good news to follow. Word on the street was these guys got a little gun shy after Saban called them out and they got all the attention for having the #1 class but the gloves are off now.
      That's the biggest BS post I've seen on this site!

Comment

Originally posted by Snapperhead94 View Post
        Why so?

That is a very good thing for the Ags and no shade being thrown. In today's world, it is the name of the game. Their are recruits that had already told Aggie no are now coming back in for visits already.

Comment

That is how bank robbers get caught. They get a little to comfy

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
            That is how bank robbers get caught. They get a little to comfy
            Well the good news is there is nobody to prosecute as the NCAA is basically powerless. As long as everyone stays off the IRS radar, its a wide open world.

Comment

Ags have had a top ten class four years in a row, we will be fine recruiting NIL or not. Please baby Jesus just let one of our three QBs be awesome.

Vegas always knows more then all of us. Here is who they currently have winning national championship odds.

1. Alabama +200
              2. Georgia +325
              3.Ohio State +450
              4. Clemson +1400
              5. Texas A&M +2200
              6. USC +2800
              7. Oklahoma +3500
              8. Notre Dame, Michigan, Utah, Oregon, Wisconsin, Florida +4000

Comment

You must not read this site very often. Dudes were claiming the earth is flat!

Comment

Originally posted by James View Post
                  Ags have had a top ten class four years in a row, we will be fine recruiting NIL or not. Please baby Jesus just let one of our three QBs be awesome.

Vegas always knows more then all of us. Here is who they currently have winning national championship odds.

1. Alabama +200
                  2. Georgia +325
                  3.Ohio State +450
                  4. Clemson +1400
                  5. Texas A&M +2200
                  6. USC +2800
                  7. Oklahoma +3500
                  8. Notre Dame, Michigan, Utah, Oregon, Wisconsin, Florida +4000
                  4-8 is a joke.

Comment

Why so?

That is a very good thing for the Ags and no shade being thrown. In today's world, it is the name of the game. Their are recruits that had already told Aggie no are now coming back in for visits already.
                    So the Ags stopped spending because of public opinion? And what's now wide open? Just a few weeks ago one particular team didn't have to spend, and another team was only successful because of spending.
                    Recruits changing their mind? That'd be like a QB committing, decommitting, the transferring back to the original commitment a year later. Almost like it was wide open.
                    Last edited by Snapperhead94; 07-28-2022, 11:54 AM.

Comment

We haven’t had our pool party yet! That’s when it’s gonna pop off [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
                        We haven’t had our pool party yet! That’s when it’s gonna pop off [emoji106]

Terry BBQ

Comment

So the Ags stopped spending because of public opinion? And what's now wide open? Just a few weeks ago one particular team didn't have to spend, and another team was only successful because of spending.
                          Recruits changing their mind? That'd be like a QB committing, decommitting, the transferring back to the original commitment a year later. Almost like it was wide open.
                          Not public opinion, but the attention it was given to the what was going on. It very well known that A&M didn't produce the class they got with NIL last year. It was a bag game with a lot of promises. There have been some talk about those promises not being paid out as some of the big donors got nervous with the attention and the IRS talk (this was the biggest hold up).

With that attention, A&M has been scrambling to cover their tracks, get NIL setup publicly (legitimately) as a a lot of FOIA request were / are happening and pressure on A&M to show their cards in the NIL game. A&M is going through the process of setting up NIL programs like what Texas, Tech, and others currently have. This a very tedious and legal process to make sure all the t's are crossed and i's are dotted plus get it approved by compliance. I know the guys that setup several of the Texas NIL and the process was crazy. This is important when it is as public when these programs are public. Saban knew exactly what he was doing for taking that fight public.

From the A&M side, there has been a lot of pressure on what is going on in recruiting (Class is currently sitting at #59 with only 6 kids - The average per player is higher than Texas though). Jimbo even had to answer it at SEC media days with what is going on. Now it seems the donors who funnel that part of the program have committed to pushing their chips back in the game and are becoming a player in a lot of recruitments now to try to turn the tide. This is great news for A&M. Money whipping kids is the name of the game now. Before NIL, 10-20% of your class was taking money to come to your school. Now its almost 100% of the class asking what they are getting as they can legally take money. That is what has changed.

I am not bashing A&M at all, as they put their balls on the table last year. I have said what I have seen from A&M is an all-in commitment to be good in football and I am **** jealous of that commitment. With what they are building there is reason they shouldn't be competing year in and year out now. I am just providing some information I have heard and it comes from two different sources on both sides of the table (A&M and Texas).

Edit - Just wanted to add, I am not saying Texas or any other school are not dropping bags (paying a kid under the table) as well to their NIL games. A good chunk of what is going on is on the up and up with the NIL programs that have been run through compliance but I am sure it is going on. The known NIL programs are there to offer compliance protection from the school. Every NIL deal that gets done has to be signed off of it by the school.
                          Last edited by Heath; 07-28-2022, 01:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                            James is on point
                            Except that the majority signed in Dec 21 not Feb 22. [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

BBQ and chunky dunking on the forty, wonder if it'll pop off for Sark.

there's a few croots running around.

QB, Arch Manning, Isidore Newman (New Orleans, LA)
                              RB, Tre Wisner, DeSoto
                              WR, Johntay Cook II, DeSoto
                              OL, Jaydon Chatman, Harker Heights
                              OL, Andre Cojoe, Mansfield Timberview
                              OL, Payton Kirkland, Dr. Phillips (Orlando, FL)
                              OL, Connor Stroh, Frisco Wakeland
                              DT, Markis Deal, Garland Naaman Forest
                              DT, Sydir Mitchell, Bergen Catholic (Oradell, NJ)
                              DT/DE, Jamarious Brown, Moss Point (Moss Point, MS)
                              DE, Ta'Derius Collins, Northwood (Shreveport, LA)
                              DE, Dylan Spencer, Houston C.E. King
                              DE, Colton Vasek, Austin Westlake
                              DE, Billy Walton, Dallas South Oak Cliff
                              LB, S'Maje Burrell, North Crowley
                              LB, Derion Gullette, Marlin
                              CB, Jordan Matthews, Woodlawn (Baton Rouge, LA)
                              CB, Malik Muhammad, Dallas South Oak Cliff

QB, Anthony Maddox, Oak Grove (Hattiesburg, MS)
                              RB, Derrick McFall, Tyler High
                              RB, James Peoples, San Antonio Veterans Memorial
                              WR, Freddie Dubose, Jr., Spring Branch Smithson Valley
                              WR, Dre'lon Miller, Silsbee
                              OL, Daniel Cruz, Richland
                              OL, Ashton Funk, Katy Tompkins
                              OL, Ory Williams, San Marcos
                              DT/DE, Dealyn Evans, Longview Pine Tree
                              DT/DE, Xadavien Sims, Durant (Durant, OK)
                              LB, Davhon Keys, Aledo
                              LB, Payton Pierce, Lucas Lovejoy
                              CB, Jaden Allen, Aledo
                              CB, Kobe Black, Waco Connally
                              CB, Aeryn Hampton, Daingerfield
                              S, Ka'Davion Dotson, Duncanville
                              S, Corian Gipson, Lancaster
                              S, Jaydan Hardy, Lewisville
                              S, Kenyan Kelly, Denison

WR, Dakorien Moore, Duncanville
                              OL, Logan Schram, Boerne High
                              DT/DE, Landon Rink, Cy-Fair
                              Last edited by Chad C; 07-28-2022, 12:51 PM.

Comment

Lol

Grow some bark on ya, bud.

Comment

Working...
                                X