Yaupon Tea?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by andre3k View Post
    I made a similar thread a few months back. My kids picked the leaves and dried them out in the sun. Steeped it like any other tea. It reminded me of drinking fresh green tea. IMO it tastes better as a cold tea. I would drink it again.

Sent from my SM-A135U1 using Tapatalk
    One can brew it stronger or weaker according to taste, and you can roast the leaves in the oven or in a pan to change the taste as desired.

Comment

I actually had co worker bring me a cup yesterday. I enjoyed it and will drink it again.
      Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

Originally posted by wickll View Post
        I thought the same thing for years. But either on the tv show , or in some articles I read, the whole thing about the vomitoria was "fake news" of that era. Supposedly they didn't want it to catch on.
        Vomitoria comes from the results from eating the berries. But it was chosen strategically.

Comment

I have drank various flavors from the cat spring tea folks. To me it just tasted like tea. Nothing special.

Comment

Has anyone tried using sweetgum in a tincture for cold or flu? I think that will be my next experiment.

Sent from my SM-A135U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

On another tangent with the yaupon tea, from one of the articles or the TV show, I believe they said an endangered species (Houston Toad), is making a comeback where they are extensively harvesting yaupon..

Like others have said, I would be happy for them to harvest on my land (not that I care about the toad),

Comment

Originally posted by bobby314 View Post
                I hate yaupons with every bone in my body. Even if one sip of that tea would make me a extremely wealthy and skinny, I would still pass and then swing my machete at it!!!!
                I may drink the tea but share this sentiment

Comment

Lipton tea is much better. Mushroom tea is way better!

Comment

Working...
                  X