Fly and Mosquito Trap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fly and Mosquito Trap

This year the Flies and Mosquitos are terrible in my backyard in Round Rock! I have used flies traps from home depot and the only one that seems to work is the stinky hanging bag. We hired mosquito joe, which is a local mosquito pest company and that has been a waste of money because there are still mosquitos showing up on the back porch munching away.

SO, I figured I would reach out to the good ole TBHers to see what has been effective for you all.

I have also used those bags with success for flies, in for mosquito suggestions

Comment

Spartan Mosquito Pro Tech

I live in a pecan bottom along a river/lake and they keep the mosquitos and flies away from the house.

Comment

Curious as well. Flys awful at my house

Comment

We use the Dynatrap. I have one in the garage and one on the front porch. We have been useing them for a couple of years. It has really knocked them down and we dont get bit near as much.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
            https://www.homedepot.com/p/Spartan-...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

I don't know what kind of voodoo science is in these, but they work.

I was just in home depot looking at these an thought no way they work... guess i need to go back and get a few...

Comment

Originally posted by bowaddict40 View Post
              We use the Dynatrap. I have one in the garage and one on the front porch. We have been useing them for a couple of years. It has really knocked them down and we dont get bit near as much.
              Yea, Dynatrap is what we use

Comment

fly trap works

here is the proof.

All that dark stuff are flies!
                Attached Files

Comment

I’m in the restaurant buisiness and have 2 large dumpsters behind my building. It is a breeding ground for flys. The best I have found, and use it daily is Starbar Quickstrike Fly Bait. The blue crystals that come in a red can. I buy at Tractor Supply and sprinkle lightly all around and flys will be flopping around within minutes. I would be screwed without it. Mosquitoes I have no advice.

Comment

Dynatraps have worked great for us. Sam's Club has the best pricing on them that I can find. Ours run 24/7 and we have had them about 2 years.

Comment

You need to look around the yard to see what's bringing the mosquitoes in.

I didn't want to believe it, but my rain barrels where the issue here. I put 1 mosquito dunks a month in each rain barrel and the issue has gone.

As for flies, I've surrounded the patio and hot tub with tiki tourches filled with citrinel. Seems to really help.

I was excited when I found the Spartan Monquito devices at Lowes, but my lot is to small to use them. You have to have a good distance from where you hang them to where you plan on sitting.

Shop Spartan Mosquito Pro Tech - 2 Count Concentrate Cartridge - DIY Mosquito Killer - Kills West Nile, Zika, Chikungunya - No Batteries Needed in the Animal & Rodent Control department at Lowe's.com. Spartan Mosquito Pro Tech kills mosquitoes for up to 30 days so you can enjoy the outdoors. Spartan Mosquito Pro Tech also doesn't require batteries or

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
                        I’m in the restaurant buisiness and have 2 large dumpsters behind my building. It is a breeding ground for flys. The best I have found, and use it daily is Starbar Quickstrike Fly Bait. The blue crystals that come in a red can. I buy at Tractor Supply and sprinkle lightly all around and flys will be flopping around within minutes. I would be screwed without it. Mosquitoes I have no advice.
                        How frequently do you have to reapply it?

Comment

I've tried several gizmos that others swear by that have just worked marginally for me. I put out the Spartan cannisters and after a month or so each had maybe 10-12 skeeters in them. My Dynatrap caught lots of bugs but less than 10% of them were mosquitos and many of them flew away when I was emptying it. I've gone back to just spraying the yard once a month and using my small propane fogger occasionally.

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
                            How frequently do you have to reapply it?
                            The crystals last forever as long as they don’t get wet. After a rain and everything is dry I re- apply.

Comment

Working...
                            X