The Official 2022 APR/ TBH Special

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 150class View Post
    Thinking of going mid caliber round on this build.

-Compact as a suppressor will be living on it so I’d love to stay around 20” if possible. I do not mind losing some speed to gain “mobility/ease of use or being more compact”
    -Not needing something that’ll kill a elk at 900 yards as I’ll never take that kind of shot and I plan on building a 300 wsm next year for larger game.
    -I don’t hand load currently

That being said I’m leaning the regular maverick in a 6.5prc with maybe a 21” barrel or a 7mm-08 in a 20”…

Would love some input.
    A 6CM with an 18" barrel would be worth looking at as well. Good factory ammo support and it performs well on deer size critters way farther than it should.

Comment

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
      A 6CM with an 18" barrel would be worth looking at as well. Good factory ammo support and it performs well on deer size critters way farther than it should.
      I 2nd this. Robert did a 16.5" for me in 6CM and it's a blast to shoot. Factory Hornady Match 108gr have shot great and killed animals quickly.

Comment

Is a 6.8western available ? Maverick light

Comment

Placed my order today at the store, maverick in a 6.5prc. My wife couldn't understand why I would buy a rifle that I couldn't take home the same day. Now I wait patiently, but ready to shoot now.

Comment

The Official 2022 APR/ TBH Special

Thinking of going mid caliber round on this build.

-Compact as a suppressor will be living on it so I’d love to stay around 20” if possible. I do not mind losing some speed to gain “mobility/ease of use or being more compact”
            -Not needing something that’ll kill a elk at 900 yards as I’ll never take that kind of shot and I plan on building a 300 wsm next year for larger game.
            -I don’t hand load currently

That being said I’m leaning the regular maverick in a 6.5prc with maybe a 21” barrel or a 7mm-08 in a 20”…

Would love some input.

I got a 7mm-08 in 18” on last year’s deal and it’s a really nice balance. Don’t lose much in the ‘08 case at that length and I shoot up to 162gr. thumpers in it that hit really hard.
            You definitely can’t go wrong on Robert’s recommendation though. I only wish I had opted for the AI just because I load and it’s a little different.

Comment

The damage is done....

7mm-08 build ordered in the standard maverick. Already have a VX5 HD for it now just need to go snag 5-6 boxes of ammo and a can for it...

Appreciate the help and the deal as always Robert.

Comment

The damage is done....

7mm-08 build ordered in the standard maverick. Already have a VX5 HD for it now just need to go snag 5-6 boxes of ammo and a can for it...

Appreciate the help and the deal as always Robert.
                Talk to Brian about reloading for it, he's about to start loading for our 7-08's with 120s to get a little more speed out of them.

He finally cut mine down to 16" I believe and got it threaded the other day.

Comment

Thanks guys! This morning has been busy. Just a reminder...tomorrow is the last day to get in on this year’s TBH deal. For real this time....I looked at the calendar and everything

Comment

I’m going with the Altitude in a 6.5 PRC.

I have several APR rifles & I’m struggling to settle on a different stock finish for this one. I’m a huge fan of the Carbon Sage Brush type camo but have almost exhausted the variations in this pattern. I’ll stick with it if I can figure out something new & different from what I have. The APR brush camo is actually looking pretty good right now too.

Any suggestions? Pics would be great.

Comment

Glad I checked in here I dang near missed the deadline... Dang it too many choices!!

Comment

Originally posted by jeffpg View Post
                        I’m going with the Altitude in a 6.5 PRC.

I have several APR rifles & I’m struggling to settle on a different stock finish for this one. I’m a huge fan of the Carbon Sage Brush type camo but have almost exhausted the variations in this pattern. I’ll stick with it if I can figure out something new & different from what I have. The APR brush camo is actually looking pretty good right now too.

Any suggestions? Pics would be great.

Was having the same problem, check out Canyon Rogue on AG’s site. Robert said it was new.

Comment

Ordered an Altitude in 300 WM today. The wait will be rough!

Comment

Robert has a great team of VERY Talented rifle builders and painters, you guys' won't be disappointed.

Comment

So I M on the fence trying to decide before the deadline tommorow. I have a Browning x-bolt pro and a really nice rem 700 . So someone convince me one way or the other thinking about a altitude in 6.5 prc

Comment

What is this camo finish called,
                                carbon sagebrush with bronze and ——?

I like this, except with the lightest color a little bit darker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X